Imphal, 07 January 2018 ( Evening News ) : In commemoration of the 289th year of Puya Meithaba (burning of scared manuscript), the 40th three-day Black Day observance organised by International Observation Committee on Puya Meithaba (ICOP) commenced today on Regular School campus, Nambol in Bishnupur District. Giving the Keynote address at the observance, Convenor of ICOP, Moirangthem Naokhomba Meitei maintained development is hindered in Manipur as the sacred Manuscript of the State was destroyed by the outsiders. He said no one will restore and protect the sacred Manuscript unless people of the hills and the valley join hands. Naokhomba said the observance will also be held in other parts of Manipur. Councillor of COSHEM, Ph.Mantri, Councillor, of Nambol Municipal Council, Heisnam Somendro and Principal of Special Regular English School, Maisnam Kenedy were among those present at the observance.
3 day Black Day observance in commemoration of the burning of Puya commenced
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.