Imphal, 21 November 2017 ( Evening News ) : India’s President Ram Nath Kovind has arrived Imphal to inaugurate the North East Development Submit and Manipur Sangai Festival 2017, today. President Kovind launched the two days North East Development Submit at City Convention centre, Palace Gate, today. He will also later kick off the 10 days Manipur Sangai Festival, 2017 organised by Manipur Tourism Department. It maybe mentioned that Corcom, an apex body of some proscribed outfits against the president’s visit has called for 26 hours general strike from 6 this morning to 8 tomorrow morning. A massive number of police personnel are keeping a strict vigil and security measures have been beefed up in and around Imphal City especially on Tiddim road where the president is expected to be travelling. President Kovind is accompanied by Assam’s CM Sarbananda Sonowal in a special Indian Air force plane which arrived Imphal Tulihal Airport at 11.30 this morning. Upon his arrival, Governor Nazama Heptulla, Chief Minister N. Biren, Cabinet Ministers and top police and civil officials gave a warm reception to President Kovind and paid him guard of honour as a mark of respect.
President Ram Nath Kovind arrives in Imphal to inaugurate North East Development Summit and Sangai Festival 2017
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Media fraternity condole, untimely demise of beloved Impact News Video Editor, Kakchingtabam Bipinchandra, who passed away at the age of 38, late last night
- NAGAMAPAL BOMB BLAST: I/W POLICE ARRESTS 6 INCLUDING NIPCO PREZ
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.