Imphal, 09 November 2017 ( Evening News ) : Agitating students of Industrial Training Institute, ITI Takyel, today turned violent to press their demands for a principal and a well equipped laboratory. They set fire to two cars set of the institute. The students of the Industrial Training Institute, have been demanding a full time Principal, a well equipped laboratory and other requirements in the institute. Many students of the institute joined the protest and burnt the two vehicles kept inside the institute around 11, this morning. The students resorted to violent protest as the State Government has failed to meet their demands. They have submitted memorandum highlighting their grievances. As soon as learnt about the incident a force of Imphal West police rushed at the spot to contain the situation. Police called for fire service to douse the flames but the agitating students prevented the fire tender from entering the institute. Later, police managed to pacify the students. Police personnel put off the fire with water from a nearby drainage.
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.