Imphal, 01 October 2017 ( Evening News ) : Manipur joins the world in observing International Day of Older Persons today. Social Welfare Department held an event to mark the day at Khunthokhanbi Shanglen Thangmeiband. Speaking on the occasion, Social Welfare and Cooperation Minister, Nemcha Kipgen assured that she will urge the Government to open hospital specially meant for old-aged people. She said it is unfortunate that there are cases of ill treatment of senior citizens in the state. Nemcha said the almighty will punish those who ill treat the elderly people. She also reminded that everyone will all age someday. The minister urged the NGOs and stakeholders to help the older persons in distress and open doors for them. She highlighted the major contributions of the older persons in the society. Social Welfare department presented gifts as a token of appreciation to older persons present at the event. The International Day of Older Persons is observed on October 1 each year. On December 14, 1990 the United Nations General Assembly voted to establish October 1 as the International Day of Older Persons.
International Day of Older Persons
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Media fraternity condole, untimely demise of beloved Impact News Video Editor, Kakchingtabam Bipinchandra, who passed away at the age of 38, late last night
- NAGAMAPAL BOMB BLAST: I/W POLICE ARRESTS 6 INCLUDING NIPCO PREZ
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.