Imphal, 23 September 2017 ( Evening News ) : Traffic violators were imposed fines during a Mega Traffic Lok Adalat in the capital city today. People have been asked to follow traffic rules to prevent road accidents and save lives. Manipur Legal Services Authority, District Legal Services Authority, Imphal West, Transport Department and Traffic Police in collaboration with Manipur Police held a Mega Traffic Lok Adalat with the objective to reduce Traffic Volume and prevent road accidents in the city. The Adalat which was held along Kanglapat stretch of the national highway number 2 imposed heavy fines on those who were caught violating traffic rules like non wearing of helmet and Seat belt, non payment of tax and driving without licence and other related documents. Public Prosecutor of CJM, Imphal West, Ajitkumar Mutum stated that the Lok Adalat was being held to check the increasing traffic volume. He pointed out that violation of traffic rules and rash driving are the main cause of road accidents.
Traffic violators fined during Mega Traffic Lok Adalat, people asked to follow traffic rules to prevent accidents
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.