Imphal, 18 September 2017 ( Evening News ) : Union Minister of State for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises, Babul Supriyo has categorically stated that India will not develop without the development of the north east region. He made this statement to media persons at the sidelines of inauguration of Exhibition Cum Seminar held under the theme ‘New India- We resolve to make’ at Manipur State Film Development Society today. The event is held to commemorate the 75 years of Quit India Movement and forthcoming 75 years of Independence in 2022. The Exhibition-cum-Seminar will be organised in association with the Central Public Sector Units (CPSUs) at 39 places across the country on theme 'Naya Bharat – Karke Rahenge' or 'New India – We Resolve to Make'. Focus of the exhibitions will be on India's freedom movement from 1857 to 1947, showing various activities initiated to attain the freedom from the British rule, including the First War of Independence-1857, Champaran Satyagrah, Non-cooperation Movement, Dandi Yatra and the Quit India Movement. The event in Manipur is jointly organised by Directorate of Advertising and Visual publicity, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting Government of India and DAVP under the sponsorship of ONGC Ltd. Minister Babul Supriyo told media persons that there are plans not only to provide skills to the youth of the country, but to encourage Private Entrepreneurs to improve the economy. He said it is the aim of prime minister to create a PPP model to bring about a change.
India will not develop without the development of the north east region: Babul Supriyo
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.