Imphal, 02 September 2017 ( Evening News ) : An FIR has been filed against the former chief minister Okram Ibobi and five others at Imphal police station in connection with financial irregularities in Manipur Development Society, MDS. The five other persons are former chief secretaries DS Punia, PC Lamkunga and O. Nabakishore who were the former chairman of MDS, former project director Y. Ningthem, and former administrative officer S Ranjit. They are accused of cheating, criminal conspiracy and breach of trust following an investigation conducted by the vigilance department. It was alleged that the MDS officials and staff had not observed prescribed procedures, established norms and extant rules scrupulously and misappropriated more than Rs 185 crore. Officer in charge of Imphal police station has submitted to the SP Imphal west that all the relevant documents which are not available with MDS need to be recovered from Y. Ningthem as he was the project director. The Planning department approached the vigilance dept in November last year after a joint secretary level officer complained against mismanagement, misappropriation and misuse of govt funds in MDS.
FIR filed against former CM Ibobi, 3 former CS, former project director and former administrative officer in MDS scam
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.