Imphal, 29 August 2017 ( Evening News ) : Haipou Jadonang Statue Park Development Committee (HJSPDC) under the aegis of Zeliangrong Union Assam Manipur Nagaland organised a program to commemorate the 86th death anniversary of freedom fighter, Haipou Jadonang at Haipou Jadonang park in Keishampat, today. Speaking at the event, Nungba MLA and Advisor of HJSPDC, Gaikhangam said, Haipou Jadonang was one of the great freedom fighters of the state who fought against British to get independence from the foreign rule. He said, the present generation must not forget that both the hills and valley people should unitedly protect the state as it had been always since time immemorial. Gaikhangam urged for a joint cooperation for a united motherland. Many people gathered at the event offered floral tributes at the statue of Haipou Jadonang and a 2 min silence was also maintained as a mark of respect to the Freedom Fighter. Gaikhangam further said, since time immemorial inhabitants of both the hills and valley have maintained a cordial relationship which many forces tried to disrupt. He urged the people to stand united like the freedom fighters of the state against all these forces of disintegration. He said it would be right to imbibe the ideals of our great freedom fighters instead of just paying floral tributes to them every year on their anniversaries. Former Union Home Minister of State, Meijin-lung Kamsom and Ex MLA of Sagolband Constituency, Kh. Loken were also present at the event.
Gaikhangam calls for a joint cooperation for a united Manipur on the 86th death anniversary of freedom fighter, Haipou Jadonang
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.