Imphal, 24 August 2017 ( Evening News ) : Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee, MPCC held a condolence service for the former chief minister Rishang Keishing today at Congress Bhavan, BT road. Leaders and workers of the Congress party paid their last respect to the mortal remains of former chief minister. Former Chief Minister, Okram Ibobi, former deputy chief minister, Gaikhangam, Congress MLAs and several workers of the party offered floral tribute to the departed leader. The coffin of the late congress leader who was the member of the 1st Lok Sabha from 1952 to 1957 was draped in tricolour. The body was later taken to MBC Church, Chingmeirong where the Memorial Service Ceremony was conducted. Former Parliamentary Secretary and the youngest son of Rishang Keishing, Victor Keishing delivered a moving eulogy at the funeral. Several Congress leaders, Works Minister, Thongam Bishwajit, MLAs cutting across party lines, and many people took part in the ceremony. The body will be taken to his home in Mantripukhri for the final rites.
Ministers, Congress leaders and people attend funeral services of veteran politician Rishang Keishing
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.