Imphal, 31 March 2016 : India retained their top position at the 4th International Strength Lifting and Incline Bench press held in Bangkok from March 24 to 28. Five gold and two bronze contributed by Manipuri players helped the team retain the title. Hosts Thailand bagged the runners up in the 8 country competition. Altogether 160 competitors competed in 3 weight categories in women’s and men’s group. Pushparani Devi in 72 Kgs and Bidyarani Devi in 46 Kgs bagged 2 gold each while M Gyanchan Luwang (62 Kgs) won one Gold. Bikramjit (60 Kgs) gave India 2 Bronze. Speaking to a team of Editors Guild, Manipur at Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Bangkok, leader of the Indian team, Babul Bikas Patronobis said India retained the top position for the 4th time in a row. He was also all praise for the host Thailand which successfully organized the championship.
Five gold and two bronze contributed by Manipuri players helped the team retain the title Featured
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- CM Biren calls on Union Home Minister Rajnath; discussed about various issues and developmental works in the State
- 29th Driver’s day is being observed by paying tribute to the deceased drivers of the land across the state
- Minister Thongam Biswajit says the State Government targets to electrify the State by December this year
- Manipur revere Maharaja Ghambir Singh on his 184th death anniversary; CM Biren urged not to enter politics if one has no love for one's motherland
- 3 day Black Day observance in commemoration of the burning of Puya commenced
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.