Imphal, 31 March 2016 : India retained their top position at the 4th International Strength Lifting and Incline Bench press held in Bangkok from March 24 to 28. Five gold and two bronze contributed by Manipuri players helped the team retain the title. Hosts Thailand bagged the runners up in the 8 country competition. Altogether 160 competitors competed in 3 weight categories in women’s and men’s group. Pushparani Devi in 72 Kgs and Bidyarani Devi in 46 Kgs bagged 2 gold each while M Gyanchan Luwang (62 Kgs) won one Gold. Bikramjit (60 Kgs) gave India 2 Bronze. Speaking to a team of Editors Guild, Manipur at Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Bangkok, leader of the Indian team, Babul Bikas Patronobis said India retained the top position for the 4th time in a row. He was also all praise for the host Thailand which successfully organized the championship.
Five gold and two bronze contributed by Manipuri players helped the team retain the title Featured
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.