IMPHAL: TRUGPU Nambol today defeated ARC Shillong 2-1 in the controversial first semi final match of 58th CC Meet to book a berth in the final. A goal by Kh Jackey of TRUGPU in the 7th minute of the match put ARC Shillong under pressure. However, ARC got a sigh of relief in the 26th minute when Robert found the equaliser. ARC attacked TRUGPU with a new strategy in the second half. But TRUGPU silenced the opponent in the 72nd minute with Ch Anand’s goal. Miserably, Assistant Referee ruled an attempt by Ajit Kumar of ARC to kick into the goal mouth off-side. ARC then strongly protested and scuffles erupted. Police had to intervene to bring the volatile situation under control. ARC players walked out of the ground and the match was declared in favour of TRUGPU Nambol. MPSC will take on TRAU Kwakeithel in the second semi final tomorrow. Impact TV will telecast the match live on its Entertainment Channel.
Latest from Impact TV
- Manipuri Wushu players felicitated
- Chaoba: Sadar Hills will be upgraded to full-fledged district if BJP comes to power
- Dr Harsh Vardhan expresses disappointment at the state of affairs of ISBD
- Manipur to join nation-wide Satyagraha against Modi government
- Union Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan arrives on two-day visit in Imphal
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.