Imphal, 09 March 2017 ( Evening News ) : At least 8 persons were injured in clashes between Congress and BJP workers at 7/41, 7/42, 7/43 and 7/44 polling stations in Andro today. The incident occurred when Congress workers allegedly assaulted 8 BJP Workers who were visiting the polling station near Itham Moirangpurel this morning around 8. The injured are identified as Nahakpam Radhabinod (32), son of N. Ibomcha from Yaripok Yambem Mayai Leikai, Thokchom Ningthem (43) son of late Thokchom Heiyai Yaripok from Yambem Mathak Leikai, Puthem Nandalala (30) son of P. Tombungjao from Andro Makha Leikai, Sanabam Noren (25) and Kiran (30), both sons of S. Pungou from Yaripok Yambem Makha Leikai, Khumanthem Inao (43) son Kh. Mukta from the same locality, Md. Abothem (27) son of Khabjali from Yaripok Changamdabi and Nahakpam Rakesh son of N. Tomba from Yairipok Mathak Leikai. All of them sustained injuries in the face, legs and hands. 6 of them have been admitted at JNIMS Hospital. Sources said Rakesh and Abothem are missing. One of the injured Thokchom Ningthem said they were assaulted by about 10 congress workers after taking them to the hills. He said they were attacked with sticks and catapults. They were taken to the hospital by a police team which happened to arrive at the spot.
8 persons injured as Congress and BJP workers clash at Andro during re-poll
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- CM Biren finally lands in Imphal safely this morning ; birds hit the flight he was on board yesterday
- CM Biren calls on Union Home Minister Rajnath; discussed about various issues and developmental works in the State
- 29th Driver’s day is being observed by paying tribute to the deceased drivers of the land across the state
- Minister Thongam Biswajit says the State Government targets to electrify the State by December this year
- Manipur revere Maharaja Ghambir Singh on his 184th death anniversary; CM Biren urged not to enter politics if one has no love for one's motherland
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.