Imphal, 09 March 2017 ( Evening News ) : At least 8 persons were injured in clashes between Congress and BJP workers at 7/41, 7/42, 7/43 and 7/44 polling stations in Andro today. The incident occurred when Congress workers allegedly assaulted 8 BJP Workers who were visiting the polling station near Itham Moirangpurel this morning around 8. The injured are identified as Nahakpam Radhabinod (32), son of N. Ibomcha from Yaripok Yambem Mayai Leikai, Thokchom Ningthem (43) son of late Thokchom Heiyai Yaripok from Yambem Mathak Leikai, Puthem Nandalala (30) son of P. Tombungjao from Andro Makha Leikai, Sanabam Noren (25) and Kiran (30), both sons of S. Pungou from Yaripok Yambem Makha Leikai, Khumanthem Inao (43) son Kh. Mukta from the same locality, Md. Abothem (27) son of Khabjali from Yaripok Changamdabi and Nahakpam Rakesh son of N. Tomba from Yairipok Mathak Leikai. All of them sustained injuries in the face, legs and hands. 6 of them have been admitted at JNIMS Hospital. Sources said Rakesh and Abothem are missing. One of the injured Thokchom Ningthem said they were assaulted by about 10 congress workers after taking them to the hills. He said they were attacked with sticks and catapults. They were taken to the hospital by a police team which happened to arrive at the spot.
8 persons injured as Congress and BJP workers clash at Andro during re-poll
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- In a shocking incident a 15-year old girl was shot dead in Moreh, family suspects one sided love angle behind the murder
- One day dialogue on establishing Manipur State Human Rights Commission stresses need to protect human rights
- Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs urges govt to frame policy to save Manipuri pony
- 2 Congress MLAs Ksh. Biren and P. Brojen join BJP along with two MPCC office bearers
- H1N1 virus detected in Manipur, Health minister Jayentakumar says the infected person is admitted at Shija hospitals
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.