Imphal, 09 March 2017 ( Evening News ) : At least 8 persons were injured in clashes between Congress and BJP workers at 7/41, 7/42, 7/43 and 7/44 polling stations in Andro today. The incident occurred when Congress workers allegedly assaulted 8 BJP Workers who were visiting the polling station near Itham Moirangpurel this morning around 8. The injured are identified as Nahakpam Radhabinod (32), son of N. Ibomcha from Yaripok Yambem Mayai Leikai, Thokchom Ningthem (43) son of late Thokchom Heiyai Yaripok from Yambem Mathak Leikai, Puthem Nandalala (30) son of P. Tombungjao from Andro Makha Leikai, Sanabam Noren (25) and Kiran (30), both sons of S. Pungou from Yaripok Yambem Makha Leikai, Khumanthem Inao (43) son Kh. Mukta from the same locality, Md. Abothem (27) son of Khabjali from Yaripok Changamdabi and Nahakpam Rakesh son of N. Tomba from Yairipok Mathak Leikai. All of them sustained injuries in the face, legs and hands. 6 of them have been admitted at JNIMS Hospital. Sources said Rakesh and Abothem are missing. One of the injured Thokchom Ningthem said they were assaulted by about 10 congress workers after taking them to the hills. He said they were attacked with sticks and catapults. They were taken to the hospital by a police team which happened to arrive at the spot.
8 persons injured as Congress and BJP workers clash at Andro during re-poll
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Traffic violators fined during Mega Traffic Lok Adalat, people asked to follow traffic rules to prevent accidents
- Coalition for Indigenes Rights Campaign Manipur observes National Repentance Day at Manipur palace
- Students injured as police baton-charge AMSU protestors demanding release of MOBC scholarship
- India will not develop without the development of the north east region: Babul Supriyo
- Forest minister Shyamkumar urges people to protect environment and plant trees on World Ozone day
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.