Imphal, 5 January 2017 : The Election Commission announced the schedule of assembly elections to be held in Manipur and other four states. The other four states are UP, Punjab, Goa and Uttarakhand. The Model Code of Conduct comes into effect in the 5 states immediately. The election in Manipur will be held in two phases -- 38 assembly constituencies in the first phase and 22 assembly constituencies in the second phase. Polling will be held on March 4 and March 8. For the first phase the date of Notification is February 8, Last Date of Nomination - February 15, Scrutiny of Nomination Feb 16 and Withdrawal of Nomination is February 18. For the 2nd Phase, the Date of Notification is Feb 11, the Last Date of Nomination Feb 18, Scrutiny of Nomination Feb 20 and Withdrawal of Nomination is Feb 22. Counting will be held on March 11. The EC has directed that the limit for expenses for candidates is Rs 20 lakh in Manipur and Goa and Rs 28 lakh for UP, Punjab and Uttarakhand. The EC will also focus on paid news and Press council of India will help the commission in detection of paid news. There will be strict expenditure monitor mechanism to curb black money.
Election Commission announces dates for Manipur polls, polling to be held in two phases on March 4 and 8
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.