Imphal, 5 January 2017 : The Election Commission announced the schedule of assembly elections to be held in Manipur and other four states. The other four states are UP, Punjab, Goa and Uttarakhand. The Model Code of Conduct comes into effect in the 5 states immediately. The election in Manipur will be held in two phases -- 38 assembly constituencies in the first phase and 22 assembly constituencies in the second phase. Polling will be held on March 4 and March 8. For the first phase the date of Notification is February 8, Last Date of Nomination - February 15, Scrutiny of Nomination Feb 16 and Withdrawal of Nomination is February 18. For the 2nd Phase, the Date of Notification is Feb 11, the Last Date of Nomination Feb 18, Scrutiny of Nomination Feb 20 and Withdrawal of Nomination is Feb 22. Counting will be held on March 11. The EC has directed that the limit for expenses for candidates is Rs 20 lakh in Manipur and Goa and Rs 28 lakh for UP, Punjab and Uttarakhand. The EC will also focus on paid news and Press council of India will help the commission in detection of paid news. There will be strict expenditure monitor mechanism to curb black money.
Election Commission announces dates for Manipur polls, polling to be held in two phases on March 4 and 8
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs urges govt to frame policy to save Manipuri pony
- 2 Congress MLAs Ksh. Biren and P. Brojen join BJP along with two MPCC office bearers
- H1N1 virus detected in Manipur, Health minister Jayentakumar says the infected person is admitted at Shija hospitals
- Local liquor and beer bottles from Moreh market were seized
- Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren launches free Computer Training Programme
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.