Imphal, 5 January 2017 : The Election Commission announced the schedule of assembly elections to be held in Manipur and other four states. The other four states are UP, Punjab, Goa and Uttarakhand. The Model Code of Conduct comes into effect in the 5 states immediately. The election in Manipur will be held in two phases -- 38 assembly constituencies in the first phase and 22 assembly constituencies in the second phase. Polling will be held on March 4 and March 8. For the first phase the date of Notification is February 8, Last Date of Nomination - February 15, Scrutiny of Nomination Feb 16 and Withdrawal of Nomination is February 18. For the 2nd Phase, the Date of Notification is Feb 11, the Last Date of Nomination Feb 18, Scrutiny of Nomination Feb 20 and Withdrawal of Nomination is Feb 22. Counting will be held on March 11. The EC has directed that the limit for expenses for candidates is Rs 20 lakh in Manipur and Goa and Rs 28 lakh for UP, Punjab and Uttarakhand. The EC will also focus on paid news and Press council of India will help the commission in detection of paid news. There will be strict expenditure monitor mechanism to curb black money.
Election Commission announces dates for Manipur polls, polling to be held in two phases on March 4 and 8
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Two minor sisters die in road accident in Oinam bazar
- Many areas in Imphal experience first flood of the year after a heavy shower
- Cheiraoba shoppers throng Khwairamband bazar, governor and chief minister greet people on Cheiraoba
- N.Biren meets PM Modi for the first time after becoming the chief minister of Manipur
- Atleast 10 killed in a Tourist Passenger bus accident at Maram; another accident claims 7 lives at Khongsang.
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.