Imphal, 03 January 2017 ( Evening News ) : The Union Home Ministry will provide around 85,000 security personnel for deployment in the upcoming assembly elections in five states, including politically crucial Uttar Pradesh. At a high-level meeting with the Election Commission today, top officials of the Ministry led by Union Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi conveyed that it would provide around 750 companies of paramilitary forces for smooth conduct of the election process in the five states. In addition, around 100 companies, most of which are belonging to State Armed Police Forces and India Reserve Battalions, will also be drawn from different states for deployment of election duties. This was conveyed to the Election Commission after the poll body asked the Home Ministry to make available one lakh personnel for deployment during the Assembly elections expected to be held in next two months. Assembly elections in Punjab, Uttarakhand, Goa and Manipur are expected to be held in single phase while in Uttar Pradesh it is likely to be multi-phased.
Centre will provide around 85,000 security personnel for the upcoming assembly elections in five states including Manipur
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.