Imphal, 10 September 2016 ( Evening News ) : Wangkhei MLA Yumkham Erabot today announced that he will leave Indian National Congress after people of the constituency urged him to leave Congress. MLA Yumkham Erabot stated that he will also release a book on the by-partisan attitude of the Okram Ibobi led Congress govt towards Wangkhei MLA and the constituency within next 5-10 days. Speaking to media, MLA Yumkham Erabot also added that for the last 15 years, there have been virtually two MLAs in the constituency as any project and program taken up by departments in the constituency needed the consent of Okram Henry, nephew of Chief Minister Okram Ibobi. MLA also maintained that he decided to leave Congress party after thorough consideration with the people of the constituency and will decide which party he will join in a day or two. A large number of people of the constituency gathered at the residence of the MLA located at Khurai Ahongei Leikai and took out a rally of about 200 vehicles around the constituency. A meeting was held at the residence of the MLA and resolved to urged the MLA to leave Congress
Wangkhei MLA Yumkham Irabot announces leaving Indian National Congress
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Two minor sisters die in road accident in Oinam bazar
- Many areas in Imphal experience first flood of the year after a heavy shower
- Cheiraoba shoppers throng Khwairamband bazar, governor and chief minister greet people on Cheiraoba
- N.Biren meets PM Modi for the first time after becoming the chief minister of Manipur
- Atleast 10 killed in a Tourist Passenger bus accident at Maram; another accident claims 7 lives at Khongsang.
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.