Imphal, 09 September 2016 ( Evening News ):The state is likely to witness new developments in different political parties as the assembly election draws nearer. The veteran politician and Congress MLA Yumkham Irabot is expected to leave the party to join BJP Manipur Pradesh. Irabot represents Wangkhei constituency. Sources indicate that he is likely to submit his resignation paper to the party president tomorrow. A large number of his supporters today urged him to leave the Congress party and join another party. They held a meeting at the MLA's place at Khurai from morning till noon and took several resolutions. Laisharam Memcha who fought and lost the Imphal Municipal Corporation election on a congress ticket and is Organisation Secretary of Wangkhei Block Congress Committee told media that the people are fed up of the Congress govt led by Chief Minister Okram Ibobi and decided to hold the meeting. She said Wangkhei seems to have 2 MLAs. She alleged that the govt does not show due respect to the Congress MLA he deserves. Memcha said the people of Wangkhei will not support the Congress candidate and will work against the congress govt so that it will return to power. It may be mentioned that Y. Erabot was elected from the constituency for the first time in 1980 and served as Congress minister.
Veteran politician and Congress MLA Y. Irabot likely to leave Congress and join BJP Manipur Pradesh
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs urges govt to frame policy to save Manipuri pony
- 2 Congress MLAs Ksh. Biren and P. Brojen join BJP along with two MPCC office bearers
- H1N1 virus detected in Manipur, Health minister Jayentakumar says the infected person is admitted at Shija hospitals
- Local liquor and beer bottles from Moreh market were seized
- Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren launches free Computer Training Programme
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.