Imphal, 14 May 2018 ( Evening News ) : A Regional Political Party, the North East India Development Party ( NEIDIP ) has filed a petition at the Supreme Court claiming misconducts during the last 11th Manipur Legislative Assembly elections of March, 2017 at 19-Patsoi Assembly Constituency. NEIDIP has alleged that there were misconducts during the announcement of successful and unsuccessful candidates of 19-Patsoi Assembly Constituency. The party also claimed that Ballot Papers of 19 Patsoi Assembly Constituency were put into Ballot Box of 18-Konthoujam Assembly Constituency which came to light only the next day after the election, due to which the Postal Ballots were not considered for election counting. NEIDIP said the petition was filed at the Supreme Court against violation of the Indian Constitution and the guidelines of the Election Commission of India. The Regional Party further assured the people to continue working to ensure the rights enshrined in the Indian Constitution to every citizen.
North East India Development Party files petition at Supreme Court claiming unethical election procedures during the last 11th Manipur Legislative Assembly elections at 19-Patsoi Assembly Constituency
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Women vendors of Ima Market say no to formation of Autonomous Naga Territorial Council and Common Naga Cultural Body in Manipur by staging a Sit-In
- Opposition leader Ibobi says the day Congress and JDS alliance was invited to form Karnataka Government rescued the Country's democracy
- Clashes break out between Protestors and Police Personnal; one person injured during the 36 hour General Strike
- JAC's 36 hour General Strike over Imphal East District Hospital Sagolmang row, affects normal lives; Imphal City remains unaffected
- Single largest party in 11th Manipur Assembly election, Congress meet Governor; stake claim to form Government
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.