Imphal, 14 May 2018 ( Evening News ) : A Regional Political Party, the North East India Development Party ( NEIDIP ) has filed a petition at the Supreme Court claiming misconducts during the last 11th Manipur Legislative Assembly elections of March, 2017 at 19-Patsoi Assembly Constituency. NEIDIP has alleged that there were misconducts during the announcement of successful and unsuccessful candidates of 19-Patsoi Assembly Constituency. The party also claimed that Ballot Papers of 19 Patsoi Assembly Constituency were put into Ballot Box of 18-Konthoujam Assembly Constituency which came to light only the next day after the election, due to which the Postal Ballots were not considered for election counting. NEIDIP said the petition was filed at the Supreme Court against violation of the Indian Constitution and the guidelines of the Election Commission of India. The Regional Party further assured the people to continue working to ensure the rights enshrined in the Indian Constitution to every citizen.
North East India Development Party files petition at Supreme Court claiming unethical election procedures during the last 11th Manipur Legislative Assembly elections at 19-Patsoi Assembly Constituency
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
- Parent of class 10 Board exam ranker slams BOSEM's statement on settlement of marks' miscalculation
- CLP leader, Okram Ibobi urges government for re-survey and re-demarcation of border area as per 1967 agreement signed
- MU stir likely to intensify as students, teachers and staff of the University launch relay hunger strike today
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.