Imphal, 20 August 2017 ( Evening News ) : Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) today celebrated the 73rd Birth Anniversary of former Prime Minister, Rajiv Gandhi at Congress Bhawan. Speaking on the occasion, Opposition leader and former chief minister, Okram Ibobi asserted that the congress party can never be wiped out from the country. He compared the congress party to an ocean. Congress leaders and workers offered floral tributes at the portrait of Rajiv Gandhi. MPCC President, TN Haokip administered the “Sadbhavana Pledge” to the gathering. Speaking to media persons on the sidelines of the event, Okram Ibobi said people must not forget the contribution of Rajiv Gandhi towards the nation's development. The former chief minister said under his leadership India made achievements in the field of Science & modern Technology. Iboibi recalled that Rajiv Gandhi also passed the anti defection law to protect the largest democracy in the world. He asserted that congress party workers will work to realise the dreams of the late prime minister whether the party is in power or not in the state. Congress MLAs, office bearers of MPCC, councillors and party workers attended the observance.
Former CM Okram Ibobi asserts that the Congress party can never be wiped out from the country
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
- Parent of class 10 Board exam ranker slams BOSEM's statement on settlement of marks' miscalculation
- CLP leader, Okram Ibobi urges government for re-survey and re-demarcation of border area as per 1967 agreement signed
- MU stir likely to intensify as students, teachers and staff of the University launch relay hunger strike today
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.