Imphal, 11 August 2017 ( Evening News ) : The tripartite talks between the govt of India, govt of Manipur and united Naga council, UNC is in progress in Senapati district headquarters. The talks are being held at the DRDA Hall. The last talks was held in May and the talks held for the first time after the BJP govt came to power in Manipur could not resolve the issues regarding the creation of 7 new districts. Today's talks are expected to focus on the creation of the 7 new districts. The talks began at 11 am. Special Secretary Home, North East in-charge Satyendra Garg is representing the Government of India. IFCD Minister V. Hangkhalian, Education Minister, Th. Radheshyam, Tribal Affairs Minister, N. Kayisii, Additional Chief Secretary Home Dr. Suresh Babu and IPR commissioner, K. Radhakumar are representing the govt of Manipur. The United Naga Council, UNC is led by President, Gaidon Kamei. A large of people blocked the road at Kangpokpi Bazar demanding non withdrawal of the new districts and submitted a memorandum to Ministers Hangkhalian and Radheshyam who were on their way to Senapati to attend the tripartite talks.
Tripartite talks between Centre, govt of Manipur and UNC in progress in Senapati district headquarters
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.