Imphal, 16 July 2017 ( Evening News ) : Congress MLAs Kshetrimayum Biren and Paonam Brojen yesterday joined the BJP. Kshetrimayum Biren was the works minister in the previous Congress Government led by Okram Ibobi. The BJP Manipur Pradesh held a reception for the two Congress MLAs at its office at Nityaipat Chuthek late last night. Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren welcomed them to the party. Several Ministers, Parliamentary Secretaries and MLAs were present at the event. Four Councillors of Lilong Municipal Council and two office bearers of Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee, MPCC also joined the BJP. They are MPCC media cell chairman L. Memo and secretary P. Sashikanta. So far, eight Congress MLAs have joined the BJP.
2 Congress MLAs Ksh. Biren and P. Brojen join BJP along with two MPCC office bearers
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.