Imphal, 16 July 2017 ( Evening News ) : Congress MLAs Kshetrimayum Biren and Paonam Brojen yesterday joined the BJP. Kshetrimayum Biren was the works minister in the previous Congress Government led by Okram Ibobi. The BJP Manipur Pradesh held a reception for the two Congress MLAs at its office at Nityaipat Chuthek late last night. Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren welcomed them to the party. Several Ministers, Parliamentary Secretaries and MLAs were present at the event. Four Councillors of Lilong Municipal Council and two office bearers of Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee, MPCC also joined the BJP. They are MPCC media cell chairman L. Memo and secretary P. Sashikanta. So far, eight Congress MLAs have joined the BJP.
2 Congress MLAs Ksh. Biren and P. Brojen join BJP along with two MPCC office bearers
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
- Parent of class 10 Board exam ranker slams BOSEM's statement on settlement of marks' miscalculation
- CLP leader, Okram Ibobi urges government for re-survey and re-demarcation of border area as per 1967 agreement signed
- MU stir likely to intensify as students, teachers and staff of the University launch relay hunger strike today
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.