Imphal, 13 June 2017 ( Evening News ) : Convenor of BJP Manipur Pradesh Election Management Committee,Thounaojam Chaoba has alleged over Rs 300 crore NFSA scam in the state. Chaoba said there is a scam involving 134 crore and 55 lakh rupees in black marketing of PDS items of NFSA from November 2016 to March 2017. Addressing media persons at the BJP office at Nityaipat Chuthek, he said the amount involved will be nearly 300 crore rupees, if the PDS items for hill areas are also included. He cited Nambol Constituency as an example and said the monthly rice quota for the constituency is one lakh 79 thousand and 400 kg. Chaoba alleged that the 24 Fair Price Shop Agents in the constituency acquired the entire quota of rice for 5 months at the rate of 3 rupees per kg without people’s knowledge and sold the rice in black market at 25 to 30 rupees per kilogram and made a profit of around 2 crore 24 lakh and 25 thousand. Chaoba maintained that such malpractices were prevalent during the previous Congress government. He appealed to the BJP led Government to inquire into the NFSA scam.
BJP leader Thounaojam Chaoba alleges over Rs 300 crore NFSA scam in the state
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Traffic violators fined during Mega Traffic Lok Adalat, people asked to follow traffic rules to prevent accidents
- Coalition for Indigenes Rights Campaign Manipur observes National Repentance Day at Manipur palace
- Students injured as police baton-charge AMSU protestors demanding release of MOBC scholarship
- India will not develop without the development of the north east region: Babul Supriyo
- Forest minister Shyamkumar urges people to protect environment and plant trees on World Ozone day
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.