Imphal, 16 May 2017 ( Evening News ) : President of the oldest regional party in Manipur, MPP, Nongmeikapam Sovakiran has not only been ousted from the president post, but also from the party on charges of misuse of funds and administration. He had also secretly postponed the central committee meeting of the party to be held today. The central committee members had unanimously decided to oust him. Members of the committee arrived today to attend the central committee meeting which was decided on the 2nd of this month. However, they were agitated to find a notice on the gate stating that the meeting has been postponed. Central Committee members began the meeting and discussed about the actions of Sovakiran. They dragged him out of his office to attend the meeting. The committee charged him of misusing 50 Lakh Rupees meant for the recent assembly elections. They also charged him of not casting his own vote. The committee agreed to not pass the funds misused during the elections.
Manipur's oldest regional party MPP ousts N. Sovakiran as party's president on charges of embezzling party fund and maladministration
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
- Parent of class 10 Board exam ranker slams BOSEM's statement on settlement of marks' miscalculation
- CLP leader, Okram Ibobi urges government for re-survey and re-demarcation of border area as per 1967 agreement signed
- MU stir likely to intensify as students, teachers and staff of the University launch relay hunger strike today
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.