Imphal, 20 March 2017 ( Evening News ) : Leader of Congress Party and former Chief Minister, Okram Ibobi has threatened of retaliations if the newly formed BJP led Govt takes up any actions against the 7 new districts formed for administrative conveniences. Speaking to media persons at the residence of Nambol MLA, Loken at Ghari last evening, Ibobi further said the congress party welcomes the lifting off of the 139 days old economic blockade called against the creation of 7 new districts, however it will bring a bad name to democracy if it is being done for the sake of power with an understanding with the NSCN-IM. He said the congress Govt tried its best while at power to end the blockade and that it has been ended by the BJP led Govt as promised by the Prime Minister in the election campaign. Ibobi questioned if the blockade would have continued if there was no BJP Govt. He said it was not encouraging for the congress party to witness various union ministers camping at Imphal and resorting to horse trading in order to form the Govt by hook or crook.
Former Chief Minister, Okram Ibobi warns the newly formed BJP led Govt to not act against the 7 new districts.
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.