Imphal, 20 March 2017 ( Evening News ) : Leader of Congress Party and former Chief Minister, Okram Ibobi has threatened of retaliations if the newly formed BJP led Govt takes up any actions against the 7 new districts formed for administrative conveniences. Speaking to media persons at the residence of Nambol MLA, Loken at Ghari last evening, Ibobi further said the congress party welcomes the lifting off of the 139 days old economic blockade called against the creation of 7 new districts, however it will bring a bad name to democracy if it is being done for the sake of power with an understanding with the NSCN-IM. He said the congress Govt tried its best while at power to end the blockade and that it has been ended by the BJP led Govt as promised by the Prime Minister in the election campaign. Ibobi questioned if the blockade would have continued if there was no BJP Govt. He said it was not encouraging for the congress party to witness various union ministers camping at Imphal and resorting to horse trading in order to form the Govt by hook or crook.
Former Chief Minister, Okram Ibobi warns the newly formed BJP led Govt to not act against the 7 new districts.
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- CM Biren finally lands in Imphal safely this morning ; birds hit the flight he was on board yesterday
- CM Biren calls on Union Home Minister Rajnath; discussed about various issues and developmental works in the State
- 29th Driver’s day is being observed by paying tribute to the deceased drivers of the land across the state
- Minister Thongam Biswajit says the State Government targets to electrify the State by December this year
- Manipur revere Maharaja Ghambir Singh on his 184th death anniversary; CM Biren urged not to enter politics if one has no love for one's motherland
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.