Imphal, 21 February 2017 ( Evening News ) : In the first attack on a candidate in the 11th assembly elections, Deputy Chief minister Gaikhangam was ambushed by unidentified gunmen in Thingkhongjang Village in Noney district. The ambushed this morning around 8.30 am in Thingkhongjang village, 6 km of Khoupum. The deputy chief minister was on his way to his residence in Gaidimjang in Khoupum to hoist the party's flag in connection with the 11th assembly elections. However there was no report of casualty from the site of the incident. Gaikhangam was safely escorted till Gaidimjang in a bullet proof vehicle. We just got the report that one IRB rifleman was injured when unidentified gunmen fired at security personnel who were on duty in Nungkaolong in Khoupum part 3. The incident occurred in the afternoon around 12.30 pm. He is identified as Yumnam Jenish from Thangmeiband Sinam Leikai. He was injured in the right thigh.
In the first attack on candidate in the 11th assembly elections, gunmen ambush Gaikhangam in Thingkhongjang in Noney district
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.