Imphal, 21 February 2017 ( Evening News ) : In the first attack on a candidate in the 11th assembly elections, Deputy Chief minister Gaikhangam was ambushed by unidentified gunmen in Thingkhongjang Village in Noney district. The ambushed this morning around 8.30 am in Thingkhongjang village, 6 km of Khoupum. The deputy chief minister was on his way to his residence in Gaidimjang in Khoupum to hoist the party's flag in connection with the 11th assembly elections. However there was no report of casualty from the site of the incident. Gaikhangam was safely escorted till Gaidimjang in a bullet proof vehicle. We just got the report that one IRB rifleman was injured when unidentified gunmen fired at security personnel who were on duty in Nungkaolong in Khoupum part 3. The incident occurred in the afternoon around 12.30 pm. He is identified as Yumnam Jenish from Thangmeiband Sinam Leikai. He was injured in the right thigh.
In the first attack on candidate in the 11th assembly elections, gunmen ambush Gaikhangam in Thingkhongjang in Noney district
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- In a shocking incident a 15-year old girl was shot dead in Moreh, family suspects one sided love angle behind the murder
- One day dialogue on establishing Manipur State Human Rights Commission stresses need to protect human rights
- Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs urges govt to frame policy to save Manipuri pony
- 2 Congress MLAs Ksh. Biren and P. Brojen join BJP along with two MPCC office bearers
- H1N1 virus detected in Manipur, Health minister Jayentakumar says the infected person is admitted at Shija hospitals
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.