Imphal, 21 February 2017 ( Evening News ) : In the first attack on a candidate in the 11th assembly elections, Deputy Chief minister Gaikhangam was ambushed by unidentified gunmen in Thingkhongjang Village in Noney district. The ambushed this morning around 8.30 am in Thingkhongjang village, 6 km of Khoupum. The deputy chief minister was on his way to his residence in Gaidimjang in Khoupum to hoist the party's flag in connection with the 11th assembly elections. However there was no report of casualty from the site of the incident. Gaikhangam was safely escorted till Gaidimjang in a bullet proof vehicle. We just got the report that one IRB rifleman was injured when unidentified gunmen fired at security personnel who were on duty in Nungkaolong in Khoupum part 3. The incident occurred in the afternoon around 12.30 pm. He is identified as Yumnam Jenish from Thangmeiband Sinam Leikai. He was injured in the right thigh.
In the first attack on candidate in the 11th assembly elections, gunmen ambush Gaikhangam in Thingkhongjang in Noney district
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Sit-in protest against the arrest of Aribam Rikesh
- Congress Spokesperson Khumukcham Joykisan demands the state Govt to clarify if the ceasefire between NSCN-IM and Indian Govt includes Manipur
- Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren launches pradhan mantri dialysis programme; patients to receive free dialysis under the programme
- At least 2000 houses and paddy fields have been submerged under flood waters in Khundrakpam
- Minister Biswajit discusses trade prospects between Manipur and Baoshan in agriculture, hand-loom and handicrafts products
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.