Imphal, 07 January 2017 ( Evening News ) : RIMS Hospital Victims Memorial Trust today organised a memorial service in memory of the 9 innocent people who died in an indiscriminate firing by CRPF personnel 21 years ago. CRPF jawans fired at people on the RIMS campus on January 7, 1995. Family members of the victims and Auto Rickshaw Drivers offered floral tributes at the memorial. Speaking on the occasion, member of the trust, Moirangthem Subashchandra said people of Manipur are against the torture and killings by the Indian armed forces under the garb of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act, 1958. He said the day is observed to prevent such incidents in the future. It may be mentioned that in 1995, a team of CRPF stationed on RIMS campus lined up 9 people including an MBBS student from Arunachal Pradesh and fired at them in retaliation for an armed attack on CRPF jawans by unknown armed men.
21st RIMS firing victims memorial day
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Union Human Resource Minister and BJP Manipur In-charge, Prakash Javadekar continues to blame Ibobi for the economic blockade
- The first Prof Boxing Bout of Laishram Sarita against Hungary's Zsofia Bedo to be held at Khuman Lampak
- Ima Emoinu Irat thouni being observed across Manipur
- 1 person died and 15 injured in an accident
- President of Manipur Peoples Party, N. Sovakiran has been released from the police custody
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.