Imphal, 07 January 2017 ( Evening News ) : RIMS Hospital Victims Memorial Trust today organised a memorial service in memory of the 9 innocent people who died in an indiscriminate firing by CRPF personnel 21 years ago. CRPF jawans fired at people on the RIMS campus on January 7, 1995. Family members of the victims and Auto Rickshaw Drivers offered floral tributes at the memorial. Speaking on the occasion, member of the trust, Moirangthem Subashchandra said people of Manipur are against the torture and killings by the Indian armed forces under the garb of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act, 1958. He said the day is observed to prevent such incidents in the future. It may be mentioned that in 1995, a team of CRPF stationed on RIMS campus lined up 9 people including an MBBS student from Arunachal Pradesh and fired at them in retaliation for an armed attack on CRPF jawans by unknown armed men.
21st RIMS firing victims memorial day
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Candidates sign UCM and CCSK Manipur “Pledge to the People of Manipur” on framework agreement
- Political parties intensify election campaign, PM Modi to speak at a election rally at Langjing Achouba tomorrow
- In the first attack on candidate in the 11th assembly elections, gunmen ambush Gaikhangam in Thingkhongjang in Noney district
- MLA Karam Shyam accuses Okram Joy of threatening his workers, files complaint to Election Commission
- Scuffles continue between Congress party and NPP in Wangoi AC
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.