Imphal, 07 January 2017 ( Evening News ) : RIMS Hospital Victims Memorial Trust today organised a memorial service in memory of the 9 innocent people who died in an indiscriminate firing by CRPF personnel 21 years ago. CRPF jawans fired at people on the RIMS campus on January 7, 1995. Family members of the victims and Auto Rickshaw Drivers offered floral tributes at the memorial. Speaking on the occasion, member of the trust, Moirangthem Subashchandra said people of Manipur are against the torture and killings by the Indian armed forces under the garb of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act, 1958. He said the day is observed to prevent such incidents in the future. It may be mentioned that in 1995, a team of CRPF stationed on RIMS campus lined up 9 people including an MBBS student from Arunachal Pradesh and fired at them in retaliation for an armed attack on CRPF jawans by unknown armed men.
21st RIMS firing victims memorial day
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Sit-in protest against the arrest of Aribam Rikesh
- Congress Spokesperson Khumukcham Joykisan demands the state Govt to clarify if the ceasefire between NSCN-IM and Indian Govt includes Manipur
- Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren launches pradhan mantri dialysis programme; patients to receive free dialysis under the programme
- At least 2000 houses and paddy fields have been submerged under flood waters in Khundrakpam
- Minister Biswajit discusses trade prospects between Manipur and Baoshan in agriculture, hand-loom and handicrafts products
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.