Imphal, 07 January 2017 ( Evening News ) : President of Manipur Peoples Party, N. Sovakiran has been released from the police custody. He was arrested on the 4th of this month in election related violence at Ukhongsang. Party workers gave him a warm reception at the MPP office. Addressing media, Sovakiran said Th. Radheshyam had violated Model Code of Conduct and organised a feast at Ukhongsang. He said when violence broke out there, he tried to contain the situation and his escorts opened a couple of blank fires to control the crowd. Sovakiran claimed that he was arrested by police for trying to follow Model Code of Conduct. He condemned the confining of the president of a political party in police custody for 2 nights without reasons. He said major violence including burning down of houses could have occurred had he not intervened on time. Sovakiran alleged that it was K. Radheshyam who was at fault. He accused that police took the wrong person in their custody and that it was Th. Radheshyam who should have been arrested. Sovakiran alleged that the BJP candidate, Th. Radheshyam was involved in a recruitment case.
President of Manipur Peoples Party, N. Sovakiran has been released from the police custody
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Two minor sisters die in road accident in Oinam bazar
- Many areas in Imphal experience first flood of the year after a heavy shower
- Cheiraoba shoppers throng Khwairamband bazar, governor and chief minister greet people on Cheiraoba
- N.Biren meets PM Modi for the first time after becoming the chief minister of Manipur
- Atleast 10 killed in a Tourist Passenger bus accident at Maram; another accident claims 7 lives at Khongsang.
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.