Imphal, 05 January 2017 ( Evening News ) : Former minister, BJP leader and renowned historian Prof Gangmumei Kamei passed away at his residence at Majorkhul this morning at 8.20. He was 76. Chief minister Okram Ibobi visited his place to offer his respect to the departed and condolences to the bereaved family. A number of distinguished personalities including former minister RV Minthing and teachers of Manipur University and representatives of several civil society organisations offered their last respect to Prof Gangmumei Kamei. Prof Kamei began his teaching career as a school teacher. He taught at Imphal college, DM college, JNU centre for post graduate studies and retired as professor of history from Manipur university in 2001. He was also associated with Nagaland university, Rajiv Gandhi university, Arunachal Pradesh, NEHU Shillong. He is survived by his wife, three sons and a daughter.
Former minister and renowned historian Prof Gangmumei Kamei passes away, he was 76
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- CM launches CIS National Core Version 1.0 of the Manipur High Court; Assures of non-interference by the Govt in court proceedings
- Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren lights the festival fire marking the opening of Barak Spring Festival 2017
- JNIMS director Prof Deben asserts there is evidence against the suspended staff
- Anti-corruption cell holds review meeting to discuss 25 corruption cases in different departments
- Manipur's oldest regional party MPP ousts N. Sovakiran as party's president on charges of embezzling party fund and maladministration
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.