Imphal, 05 January 2017 ( Evening News ) : Former minister, BJP leader and renowned historian Prof Gangmumei Kamei passed away at his residence at Majorkhul this morning at 8.20. He was 76. Chief minister Okram Ibobi visited his place to offer his respect to the departed and condolences to the bereaved family. A number of distinguished personalities including former minister RV Minthing and teachers of Manipur University and representatives of several civil society organisations offered their last respect to Prof Gangmumei Kamei. Prof Kamei began his teaching career as a school teacher. He taught at Imphal college, DM college, JNU centre for post graduate studies and retired as professor of history from Manipur university in 2001. He was also associated with Nagaland university, Rajiv Gandhi university, Arunachal Pradesh, NEHU Shillong. He is survived by his wife, three sons and a daughter.
Former minister and renowned historian Prof Gangmumei Kamei passes away, he was 76
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MLA Joykishan slams Delhi Government's indifference to people of the North-East
- Traffic violators fined during Mega Traffic Lok Adalat, people asked to follow traffic rules to prevent accidents
- Coalition for Indigenes Rights Campaign Manipur observes National Repentance Day at Manipur palace
- Students injured as police baton-charge AMSU protestors demanding release of MOBC scholarship
- India will not develop without the development of the north east region: Babul Supriyo
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.