Imphal, 05 January 2017 ( Evening News ) : Former minister, BJP leader and renowned historian Prof Gangmumei Kamei passed away at his residence at Majorkhul this morning at 8.20. He was 76. Chief minister Okram Ibobi visited his place to offer his respect to the departed and condolences to the bereaved family. A number of distinguished personalities including former minister RV Minthing and teachers of Manipur University and representatives of several civil society organisations offered their last respect to Prof Gangmumei Kamei. Prof Kamei began his teaching career as a school teacher. He taught at Imphal college, DM college, JNU centre for post graduate studies and retired as professor of history from Manipur university in 2001. He was also associated with Nagaland university, Rajiv Gandhi university, Arunachal Pradesh, NEHU Shillong. He is survived by his wife, three sons and a daughter.
Former minister and renowned historian Prof Gangmumei Kamei passes away, he was 76
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.