Imphal, 02 January 2017 : An irate mob set fire to a house after a woman identified as Moirangthem Jamuna was badly assaulted by her neighbour. The incident occurred yesterday morning around 10 at Nongren Mamang Leikai under Lamlai police station. The house which was burnt by the mob belonged to Senjam Indrakumar, 37 years, son of Senjam Ibochou. Sources said a party was held on the eve of new year at the house of Indrakumar yesterday. Son of Moirangthem Jamuna also took part in the party and returned home drunk. When Jamuna learned that her son left his mobile phone at Indrakumar's place, she went out to get the phone from her neighbour's house. However she was heard crying in great pain near the gate and family members rushed out to see what had happened to her. Jamuna was found lying on the ground and with the help of her neighbours she was immediately rushed at JNIMS. She told them that she was assaulted by Indrakumar. After hearing about the assault, the neighbours collected and set fire to the house of Indrakumar. The fire destroyed furniture, TV set, Kubota, Scooter and paddy kept inside the house. Fire tender rushed at the spot but could not save much. A team of Lamlai police also rushed at the spot. Police registered cases in connection with the assault and fire.
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Sit-in protest against the arrest of Aribam Rikesh
- Congress Spokesperson Khumukcham Joykisan demands the state Govt to clarify if the ceasefire between NSCN-IM and Indian Govt includes Manipur
- Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren launches pradhan mantri dialysis programme; patients to receive free dialysis under the programme
- At least 2000 houses and paddy fields have been submerged under flood waters in Khundrakpam
- Minister Biswajit discusses trade prospects between Manipur and Baoshan in agriculture, hand-loom and handicrafts products
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.