Imphal, 02 January 2017 : An irate mob set fire to a house after a woman identified as Moirangthem Jamuna was badly assaulted by her neighbour. The incident occurred yesterday morning around 10 at Nongren Mamang Leikai under Lamlai police station. The house which was burnt by the mob belonged to Senjam Indrakumar, 37 years, son of Senjam Ibochou. Sources said a party was held on the eve of new year at the house of Indrakumar yesterday. Son of Moirangthem Jamuna also took part in the party and returned home drunk. When Jamuna learned that her son left his mobile phone at Indrakumar's place, she went out to get the phone from her neighbour's house. However she was heard crying in great pain near the gate and family members rushed out to see what had happened to her. Jamuna was found lying on the ground and with the help of her neighbours she was immediately rushed at JNIMS. She told them that she was assaulted by Indrakumar. After hearing about the assault, the neighbours collected and set fire to the house of Indrakumar. The fire destroyed furniture, TV set, Kubota, Scooter and paddy kept inside the house. Fire tender rushed at the spot but could not save much. A team of Lamlai police also rushed at the spot. Police registered cases in connection with the assault and fire.
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.