Imphal, 27 December 2016 : A hand grenade was planted at the office cum residence of Shibadutta Luwang, an editor of a local daily “Pandam” in Wahengbam Leikai last evening by the militant outfit KCP-MC as a gift for the new year. The explosive was defused by bomb disposal squad of Manipur Police. President of Editors Guild, A. Mobi vehemently condemned the act and appealed to not repeat these acts in the future.In protest against the act, the media fraternity has decided to suspend daily work today and will stage a sit in at Keishampat from 10 AM to 4 PM. Impact News will not broadcast any news Bulletin today.
KCP-MC gifts to newspaper a grenade
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Two minor sisters die in road accident in Oinam bazar
- Many areas in Imphal experience first flood of the year after a heavy shower
- Cheiraoba shoppers throng Khwairamband bazar, governor and chief minister greet people on Cheiraoba
- N.Biren meets PM Modi for the first time after becoming the chief minister of Manipur
- Atleast 10 killed in a Tourist Passenger bus accident at Maram; another accident claims 7 lives at Khongsang.
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.