Imphal, 27 December 2016 : A hand grenade was planted at the office cum residence of Shibadutta Luwang, an editor of a local daily “Pandam” in Wahengbam Leikai last evening by the militant outfit KCP-MC as a gift for the new year. The explosive was defused by bomb disposal squad of Manipur Police. President of Editors Guild, A. Mobi vehemently condemned the act and appealed to not repeat these acts in the future.In protest against the act, the media fraternity has decided to suspend daily work today and will stage a sit in at Keishampat from 10 AM to 4 PM. Impact News will not broadcast any news Bulletin today.
KCP-MC gifts to newspaper a grenade
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MPCC delegates led by Former CM Okram Ibobi leave Imphal to meet Prime Minister
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.