Imphal, 27 December 2016 : A hand grenade was planted at the office cum residence of Shibadutta Luwang, an editor of a local daily “Pandam” in Wahengbam Leikai last evening by the militant outfit KCP-MC as a gift for the new year. The explosive was defused by bomb disposal squad of Manipur Police. President of Editors Guild, A. Mobi vehemently condemned the act and appealed to not repeat these acts in the future.In protest against the act, the media fraternity has decided to suspend daily work today and will stage a sit in at Keishampat from 10 AM to 4 PM. Impact News will not broadcast any news Bulletin today.
KCP-MC gifts to newspaper a grenade
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Sit-in protest against the arrest of Aribam Rikesh
- Congress Spokesperson Khumukcham Joykisan demands the state Govt to clarify if the ceasefire between NSCN-IM and Indian Govt includes Manipur
- Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren launches pradhan mantri dialysis programme; patients to receive free dialysis under the programme
- At least 2000 houses and paddy fields have been submerged under flood waters in Khundrakpam
- Minister Biswajit discusses trade prospects between Manipur and Baoshan in agriculture, hand-loom and handicrafts products
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.