Imphal, 27 December 2016 : A hand grenade was planted at the office cum residence of Shibadutta Luwang, an editor of a local daily “Pandam” in Wahengbam Leikai last evening by the militant outfit KCP-MC as a gift for the new year. The explosive was defused by bomb disposal squad of Manipur Police. President of Editors Guild, A. Mobi vehemently condemned the act and appealed to not repeat these acts in the future.In protest against the act, the media fraternity has decided to suspend daily work today and will stage a sit in at Keishampat from 10 AM to 4 PM. Impact News will not broadcast any news Bulletin today.
KCP-MC gifts to newspaper a grenade
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.