Imphal, 18 December 2016 ( Evening News ) : Indefinite curfew has been imposed by district magistrate Imphal east in some areas of the district as people's protest against the economic blockade became intense on Imphal Ukhrul road today. The district magistrate in his orders issued today said curfew has been imposed on the whole stretch of road from Lamlong to Yaingangpokpi and 300 metres on either side of the road falling under Porompat and Sawombung sub divisions in Imphal east district. A large number of people today blocked the Imphal Ukhrul road at Lamlong protesting the UNC's economic blockade. As the protest intensified police fired tear gas shells and mock bombs to disperse the protestors on the road. There is no report of casualty till the filing of this report.
Indefinite curfew imposed from Lamlong to Yaingangpokpi in Porompat and Sawombung sub divisions of Imphal east
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Two minor sisters die in road accident in Oinam bazar
- Many areas in Imphal experience first flood of the year after a heavy shower
- Cheiraoba shoppers throng Khwairamband bazar, governor and chief minister greet people on Cheiraoba
- N.Biren meets PM Modi for the first time after becoming the chief minister of Manipur
- Atleast 10 killed in a Tourist Passenger bus accident at Maram; another accident claims 7 lives at Khongsang.
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.