Imphal, 18 December 2016 ( Evening News ) : Indefinite curfew has been imposed by district magistrate Imphal east in some areas of the district as people's protest against the economic blockade became intense on Imphal Ukhrul road today. The district magistrate in his orders issued today said curfew has been imposed on the whole stretch of road from Lamlong to Yaingangpokpi and 300 metres on either side of the road falling under Porompat and Sawombung sub divisions in Imphal east district. A large number of people today blocked the Imphal Ukhrul road at Lamlong protesting the UNC's economic blockade. As the protest intensified police fired tear gas shells and mock bombs to disperse the protestors on the road. There is no report of casualty till the filing of this report.
Indefinite curfew imposed from Lamlong to Yaingangpokpi in Porompat and Sawombung sub divisions of Imphal east
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Candidates sign UCM and CCSK Manipur “Pledge to the People of Manipur” on framework agreement
- Political parties intensify election campaign, PM Modi to speak at a election rally at Langjing Achouba tomorrow
- In the first attack on candidate in the 11th assembly elections, gunmen ambush Gaikhangam in Thingkhongjang in Noney district
- MLA Karam Shyam accuses Okram Joy of threatening his workers, files complaint to Election Commission
- Scuffles continue between Congress party and NPP in Wangoi AC
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.