Imphal, 18 December 2016 ( Evening News ) : Indefinite curfew has been imposed by district magistrate Imphal east in some areas of the district as people's protest against the economic blockade became intense on Imphal Ukhrul road today. The district magistrate in his orders issued today said curfew has been imposed on the whole stretch of road from Lamlong to Yaingangpokpi and 300 metres on either side of the road falling under Porompat and Sawombung sub divisions in Imphal east district. A large number of people today blocked the Imphal Ukhrul road at Lamlong protesting the UNC's economic blockade. As the protest intensified police fired tear gas shells and mock bombs to disperse the protestors on the road. There is no report of casualty till the filing of this report.
Indefinite curfew imposed from Lamlong to Yaingangpokpi in Porompat and Sawombung sub divisions of Imphal east
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.