Imphal, 18 December 2016 ( Evening News ) : Indefinite curfew has been imposed by district magistrate Imphal east in some areas of the district as people's protest against the economic blockade became intense on Imphal Ukhrul road today. The district magistrate in his orders issued today said curfew has been imposed on the whole stretch of road from Lamlong to Yaingangpokpi and 300 metres on either side of the road falling under Porompat and Sawombung sub divisions in Imphal east district. A large number of people today blocked the Imphal Ukhrul road at Lamlong protesting the UNC's economic blockade. As the protest intensified police fired tear gas shells and mock bombs to disperse the protestors on the road. There is no report of casualty till the filing of this report.
Indefinite curfew imposed from Lamlong to Yaingangpokpi in Porompat and Sawombung sub divisions of Imphal east
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Minor who created fake accounts of girls on social media caught
- Laser show and boat torch rally on Loktak lake highlighting the lifestyle of fishing community
- President Ram Nath Kovind arrives in Imphal to inaugurate North East Development Summit and Sangai Festival 2017
- Open dialogue on framework agreement espouses the concept of protecting Manipur’s exclusiveness, polity and flexibility
- PARENTS URGE KANGLEIPAL TO TAKE UP CAUSE, NOT SELF-IMMOLATE
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.