Imphal, 10 November 2016 ( Evening News ) : Crowded scenes and long lines were witnessed at many banks of the state as people out came in large numbers to deposit old and demonetised 500 & 1000 rupee notes and also to exchange with 100 rupees notes. A large number of people thronged the banks as all the banks remained closed yesterday. Most of the people came to deposit and exchange the money for day to day use and purposes. Though it has been maintained that money can be deposited and exchanged from the banks and post offices only, no exchange of money took place in post offices. Many returned dejected as notice board mentioned that no money can be exchange at post offices till tomorrow. Exchange of money at post offices winds up after 11am today as currency notes were exhausted. However customers can exchange money at post offices further as soon as money reached from the banks.
Banks overcrowded as people came in large numbers to deposit old and exchange new currency notes
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Sit-in protest against the arrest of Aribam Rikesh
- Congress Spokesperson Khumukcham Joykisan demands the state Govt to clarify if the ceasefire between NSCN-IM and Indian Govt includes Manipur
- Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren launches pradhan mantri dialysis programme; patients to receive free dialysis under the programme
- At least 2000 houses and paddy fields have been submerged under flood waters in Khundrakpam
- Minister Biswajit discusses trade prospects between Manipur and Baoshan in agriculture, hand-loom and handicrafts products
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.