Imphal, 10 November 2016 ( Evening News ) : Crowded scenes and long lines were witnessed at many banks of the state as people out came in large numbers to deposit old and demonetised 500 & 1000 rupee notes and also to exchange with 100 rupees notes. A large number of people thronged the banks as all the banks remained closed yesterday. Most of the people came to deposit and exchange the money for day to day use and purposes. Though it has been maintained that money can be deposited and exchanged from the banks and post offices only, no exchange of money took place in post offices. Many returned dejected as notice board mentioned that no money can be exchange at post offices till tomorrow. Exchange of money at post offices winds up after 11am today as currency notes were exhausted. However customers can exchange money at post offices further as soon as money reached from the banks.
Banks overcrowded as people came in large numbers to deposit old and exchange new currency notes
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
- National General Secretary of BJP, Arun Singh claims BJP will win both seats of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.