Imphal, 10 November 2016 ( Evening News ) : Crowded scenes and long lines were witnessed at many banks of the state as people out came in large numbers to deposit old and demonetised 500 & 1000 rupee notes and also to exchange with 100 rupees notes. A large number of people thronged the banks as all the banks remained closed yesterday. Most of the people came to deposit and exchange the money for day to day use and purposes. Though it has been maintained that money can be deposited and exchanged from the banks and post offices only, no exchange of money took place in post offices. Many returned dejected as notice board mentioned that no money can be exchange at post offices till tomorrow. Exchange of money at post offices winds up after 11am today as currency notes were exhausted. However customers can exchange money at post offices further as soon as money reached from the banks.
Banks overcrowded as people came in large numbers to deposit old and exchange new currency notes
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Union Human Resource Minister and BJP Manipur In-charge, Prakash Javadekar continues to blame Ibobi for the economic blockade
- The first Prof Boxing Bout of Laishram Sarita against Hungary's Zsofia Bedo to be held at Khuman Lampak
- Ima Emoinu Irat thouni being observed across Manipur
- 1 person died and 15 injured in an accident
- 21st RIMS firing victims memorial day
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.