Imphal, 04 Nov 2016 ( Evening News ) : At least 20 persons including one policeman were injured in violent protest as union minister for sports Vijay Goel and chief minister Okram Ibobi Singh visited the proposed site for sports university at Yaithibi Loukon. Union Minister of State for sports Vijay Goel along with Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh today visited Yaithibi Loukon - the site chosen by the state govt for the construction of the National Sports University. The inspection team arrived after 12:30 in the afternoon along with Chief Secretary O Nabakishore and Wangjing Tentha MLA T Brojen and other officials. As soon as the ministerial team arrived for inspection the locals began their agitation. As the protest turned violent police personnel fired tear gas shells and mock bombs to control the protesters. It was learnt that there were arguments between the central team and the state officials over the location, as the site is in a low lying area. The team also visited Koutruk another proposed site for the National Sports University.
At least 20 persons including policeman injured in violent protest as union minister and chief minister visit site for sports university at Yaithibi Loukon
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MLA Joykishan slams Delhi Government's indifference to people of the North-East
- Traffic violators fined during Mega Traffic Lok Adalat, people asked to follow traffic rules to prevent accidents
- Coalition for Indigenes Rights Campaign Manipur observes National Repentance Day at Manipur palace
- Students injured as police baton-charge AMSU protestors demanding release of MOBC scholarship
- India will not develop without the development of the north east region: Babul Supriyo
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.