Imphal, 04 Nov 2016 ( Evening News ) : At least 20 persons including one policeman were injured in violent protest as union minister for sports Vijay Goel and chief minister Okram Ibobi Singh visited the proposed site for sports university at Yaithibi Loukon. Union Minister of State for sports Vijay Goel along with Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh today visited Yaithibi Loukon - the site chosen by the state govt for the construction of the National Sports University. The inspection team arrived after 12:30 in the afternoon along with Chief Secretary O Nabakishore and Wangjing Tentha MLA T Brojen and other officials. As soon as the ministerial team arrived for inspection the locals began their agitation. As the protest turned violent police personnel fired tear gas shells and mock bombs to control the protesters. It was learnt that there were arguments between the central team and the state officials over the location, as the site is in a low lying area. The team also visited Koutruk another proposed site for the National Sports University.
At least 20 persons including policeman injured in violent protest as union minister and chief minister visit site for sports university at Yaithibi Loukon
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Minor who created fake accounts of girls on social media caught
- Laser show and boat torch rally on Loktak lake highlighting the lifestyle of fishing community
- President Ram Nath Kovind arrives in Imphal to inaugurate North East Development Summit and Sangai Festival 2017
- Open dialogue on framework agreement espouses the concept of protecting Manipur’s exclusiveness, polity and flexibility
- PARENTS URGE KANGLEIPAL TO TAKE UP CAUSE, NOT SELF-IMMOLATE
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.