Imphal, 06 September 2016 ( Evening News ) : Manipuri Archer Paonam Lily Chanu will take part in the World Cup Archery Individual Compound Final to be held in Denmark. Lily is the first Indian archer to participate in this event. Lily started her career in Archery as an Indian Round Archer in the year 2003 and moved on to a Compound Division Archer in the year 2007. She bagged Bronze at the Compound Team Event held at Shanghai in 2012 and a Gold in the Compound Mixed Event at Chinese Taipei in 2013. She also bagged Bronze in the 3rd Archery World Cup Championship Team Event in 2014 and set a new Asian Record at the Grand Prix Archery Championship in Bangkok the same year. Lily who recently took part in the 17-Asian Games, is all set to for a major face off with 8 top archers from different countries in the event that would be held in Denmark from September 24 and 25.
Paonam Lily Chanu is first Indian archer to participate in World Cup Archery Individual Compound Final in Denmark
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.