Imphal, 06 September 2016 ( Evening News ) : Manipuri Archer Paonam Lily Chanu will take part in the World Cup Archery Individual Compound Final to be held in Denmark. Lily is the first Indian archer to participate in this event. Lily started her career in Archery as an Indian Round Archer in the year 2003 and moved on to a Compound Division Archer in the year 2007. She bagged Bronze at the Compound Team Event held at Shanghai in 2012 and a Gold in the Compound Mixed Event at Chinese Taipei in 2013. She also bagged Bronze in the 3rd Archery World Cup Championship Team Event in 2014 and set a new Asian Record at the Grand Prix Archery Championship in Bangkok the same year. Lily who recently took part in the 17-Asian Games, is all set to for a major face off with 8 top archers from different countries in the event that would be held in Denmark from September 24 and 25.
Paonam Lily Chanu is first Indian archer to participate in World Cup Archery Individual Compound Final in Denmark
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs urges govt to frame policy to save Manipuri pony
- 2 Congress MLAs Ksh. Biren and P. Brojen join BJP along with two MPCC office bearers
- H1N1 virus detected in Manipur, Health minister Jayentakumar says the infected person is admitted at Shija hospitals
- Local liquor and beer bottles from Moreh market were seized
- Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren launches free Computer Training Programme
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.