Imphal, 01 September 2016 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh today appealed to the insurgent groups to re-consider the ban on screening of Bollywood films in cinema halls in Manipur. Chief Minister observed that despite the ban the people of the state still watch Hindi movies. Ibobi Singh was speaking at the function to mark the reopening of the one of the oldest cinema halls in the state Usha Hall, Paona Bazar. Screening of films resumed at Usha Cinema from today. He said he feels embarrassed when visitors or guests from other countries asked him about the cinema halls in the state. The Chief Minister said it is shameful that cinema halls are shut down in a state like Manipur where people have been preserving their cultures since time immemorial. He also emphasised the need to promote them more. Ibobi mentioned that Manipur Film Policy is almost in the final stage. He reiterated the role of films in bringing about a change in the society.
Chief Minister Ibobi appeals to insurgent groups to re-consider ban on Bollywood films in Manipur
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Two minor sisters die in road accident in Oinam bazar
- Many areas in Imphal experience first flood of the year after a heavy shower
- Cheiraoba shoppers throng Khwairamband bazar, governor and chief minister greet people on Cheiraoba
- N.Biren meets PM Modi for the first time after becoming the chief minister of Manipur
- Atleast 10 killed in a Tourist Passenger bus accident at Maram; another accident claims 7 lives at Khongsang.
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.