Imphal, 29 July 2016 ( Evening News ): Joint Committee on Inner Line Permit System has called for 24-hour Public Curfew from midnight tonight till midnight tomorrow. However, educational institutions, essential services and religious ceremonies will be exempted from the purview of the Public curfew. Announcing the curfew, JCILPS Convenor-in-Charge BK Moirangcha said the curfew has been called in condemnation of police actions against the protesting students at Singjamei bridge and dismantling of makeshift shed where a public meeting was proposed to be held under the aegis of JAC formed against the declaration of former JCILPS Convenor Kh Ratan wanted. Speaking to media at JCILPS office at Sega Road, BK Moirangcha said permission to hold the public meeting was taken from Imphal East Deputy Commissioner. However, the permit was suddenly cancelled and police reached the spot and halted the proposed meeting. Moirangcha termed the police atrocities on the protesting students and dismantling of the makeshift shed as the most unfortunate and unacceptable. He maintained that it is now time to open a check post and verify the illegal influx of migrant workers. The Convenor-in-Chage also added that JCILPS will launch different forms of agitation if the govt fails to give enough time to discuss the new bill to be introduced in the state assembly for the protection of the indigenous people of the state.
24-hour Public Curfew from midnight tonight : JCILPS
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Sit-in protest against the arrest of Aribam Rikesh
- Congress Spokesperson Khumukcham Joykisan demands the state Govt to clarify if the ceasefire between NSCN-IM and Indian Govt includes Manipur
- Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren launches pradhan mantri dialysis programme; patients to receive free dialysis under the programme
- At least 2000 houses and paddy fields have been submerged under flood waters in Khundrakpam
- Minister Biswajit discusses trade prospects between Manipur and Baoshan in agriculture, hand-loom and handicrafts products
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.