Imphal, 29 July 2016 ( Evening News ): Joint Committee on Inner Line Permit System has called for 24-hour Public Curfew from midnight tonight till midnight tomorrow. However, educational institutions, essential services and religious ceremonies will be exempted from the purview of the Public curfew. Announcing the curfew, JCILPS Convenor-in-Charge BK Moirangcha said the curfew has been called in condemnation of police actions against the protesting students at Singjamei bridge and dismantling of makeshift shed where a public meeting was proposed to be held under the aegis of JAC formed against the declaration of former JCILPS Convenor Kh Ratan wanted. Speaking to media at JCILPS office at Sega Road, BK Moirangcha said permission to hold the public meeting was taken from Imphal East Deputy Commissioner. However, the permit was suddenly cancelled and police reached the spot and halted the proposed meeting. Moirangcha termed the police atrocities on the protesting students and dismantling of the makeshift shed as the most unfortunate and unacceptable. He maintained that it is now time to open a check post and verify the illegal influx of migrant workers. The Convenor-in-Chage also added that JCILPS will launch different forms of agitation if the govt fails to give enough time to discuss the new bill to be introduced in the state assembly for the protection of the indigenous people of the state.
24-hour Public Curfew from midnight tonight : JCILPS
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- In a shocking incident a 15-year old girl was shot dead in Moreh, family suspects one sided love angle behind the murder
- One day dialogue on establishing Manipur State Human Rights Commission stresses need to protect human rights
- Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs urges govt to frame policy to save Manipuri pony
- 2 Congress MLAs Ksh. Biren and P. Brojen join BJP along with two MPCC office bearers
- H1N1 virus detected in Manipur, Health minister Jayentakumar says the infected person is admitted at Shija hospitals
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.