Imphal, 25 July 2016 ( Evening News) : Manipur Police busted two gangs, one involved in staged kidnapping and another involved making Bank Pass Book and AADHAAR card under fake identities. Police arrested 8 persons including two NSCN-IM cadres and a woman and seized fake documents, mobile phones, cash and arms used in running the rackets. Speaking to media persons at Imphal Police Station, Imphal West SP AK Jhaljit said the police initiated an investigation after receiving a complaint from a Nationalised Bank on July 19 and confiscated a large amount of documents and other materials from two shops located at Thangal Bazaar. Police arrested 4 persons in connection with the racket and hunting for Thoudam Prasanta of Wangoi Thoudam Leikai. SP AK Jhaljit said police during the investigation of a complaint filed at Singjamei Police Station on kidnapping case found it to be staged kidnapping carried out by some miscreants to earn money. Four persons including 2 NSCN-IM cadres are arrested in the case and search is on for some others involved in the case.
Police busts 2 gangs involved in fake kidnapping and making fake Bank Pass Book, AADHAAR cards; 8 persons including 2 NSCN-IM cadres held
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- CM launches CIS National Core Version 1.0 of the Manipur High Court; Assures of non-interference by the Govt in court proceedings
- Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren lights the festival fire marking the opening of Barak Spring Festival 2017
- JNIMS director Prof Deben asserts there is evidence against the suspended staff
- Anti-corruption cell holds review meeting to discuss 25 corruption cases in different departments
- Manipur's oldest regional party MPP ousts N. Sovakiran as party's president on charges of embezzling party fund and maladministration
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.