Imphal, 25 July 2016 ( Evening News) : Manipur Police busted two gangs, one involved in staged kidnapping and another involved making Bank Pass Book and AADHAAR card under fake identities. Police arrested 8 persons including two NSCN-IM cadres and a woman and seized fake documents, mobile phones, cash and arms used in running the rackets. Speaking to media persons at Imphal Police Station, Imphal West SP AK Jhaljit said the police initiated an investigation after receiving a complaint from a Nationalised Bank on July 19 and confiscated a large amount of documents and other materials from two shops located at Thangal Bazaar. Police arrested 4 persons in connection with the racket and hunting for Thoudam Prasanta of Wangoi Thoudam Leikai. SP AK Jhaljit said police during the investigation of a complaint filed at Singjamei Police Station on kidnapping case found it to be staged kidnapping carried out by some miscreants to earn money. Four persons including 2 NSCN-IM cadres are arrested in the case and search is on for some others involved in the case.
Police busts 2 gangs involved in fake kidnapping and making fake Bank Pass Book, AADHAAR cards; 8 persons including 2 NSCN-IM cadres held
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs urges govt to frame policy to save Manipuri pony
- 2 Congress MLAs Ksh. Biren and P. Brojen join BJP along with two MPCC office bearers
- H1N1 virus detected in Manipur, Health minister Jayentakumar says the infected person is admitted at Shija hospitals
- Local liquor and beer bottles from Moreh market were seized
- Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren launches free Computer Training Programme
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.