Imphal, 25 July 2016 ( Evening News) : Manipur Police busted two gangs, one involved in staged kidnapping and another involved making Bank Pass Book and AADHAAR card under fake identities. Police arrested 8 persons including two NSCN-IM cadres and a woman and seized fake documents, mobile phones, cash and arms used in running the rackets. Speaking to media persons at Imphal Police Station, Imphal West SP AK Jhaljit said the police initiated an investigation after receiving a complaint from a Nationalised Bank on July 19 and confiscated a large amount of documents and other materials from two shops located at Thangal Bazaar. Police arrested 4 persons in connection with the racket and hunting for Thoudam Prasanta of Wangoi Thoudam Leikai. SP AK Jhaljit said police during the investigation of a complaint filed at Singjamei Police Station on kidnapping case found it to be staged kidnapping carried out by some miscreants to earn money. Four persons including 2 NSCN-IM cadres are arrested in the case and search is on for some others involved in the case.
Police busts 2 gangs involved in fake kidnapping and making fake Bank Pass Book, AADHAAR cards; 8 persons including 2 NSCN-IM cadres held
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Sit-in protest against the arrest of Aribam Rikesh
- Congress Spokesperson Khumukcham Joykisan demands the state Govt to clarify if the ceasefire between NSCN-IM and Indian Govt includes Manipur
- Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren launches pradhan mantri dialysis programme; patients to receive free dialysis under the programme
- At least 2000 houses and paddy fields have been submerged under flood waters in Khundrakpam
- Minister Biswajit discusses trade prospects between Manipur and Baoshan in agriculture, hand-loom and handicrafts products
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.