Imphal, 20 May 2016 ( Evening News) : Five persons including three women were injured when police tried to disperse a group of ILP protestors who were taking out a rally from Tiddim road towards the CM Bungalow this afternoon. The protestors were coming from Kwakeithel shouting slogans when they were stopped at Keisampat traffic point by police personnel who were already stationed there. Scuffles ensued between the police and the protestors as the latter struggled to proceed further. Police fired tear gas shells and stun grenades to disperse the protestors. Police personnel continued to keep a strict vigil in the area to prevent untoward incidents.
Five persons including three women were injured
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- CM Biren finally lands in Imphal safely this morning ; birds hit the flight he was on board yesterday
- CM Biren calls on Union Home Minister Rajnath; discussed about various issues and developmental works in the State
- 29th Driver’s day is being observed by paying tribute to the deceased drivers of the land across the state
- Minister Thongam Biswajit says the State Government targets to electrify the State by December this year
- Manipur revere Maharaja Ghambir Singh on his 184th death anniversary; CM Biren urged not to enter politics if one has no love for one's motherland
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.