Imphal, 20 May 2016 ( Evening News) : Five persons including three women were injured when police tried to disperse a group of ILP protestors who were taking out a rally from Tiddim road towards the CM Bungalow this afternoon. The protestors were coming from Kwakeithel shouting slogans when they were stopped at Keisampat traffic point by police personnel who were already stationed there. Scuffles ensued between the police and the protestors as the latter struggled to proceed further. Police fired tear gas shells and stun grenades to disperse the protestors. Police personnel continued to keep a strict vigil in the area to prevent untoward incidents.
Five persons including three women were injured
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- In a shocking incident a 15-year old girl was shot dead in Moreh, family suspects one sided love angle behind the murder
- One day dialogue on establishing Manipur State Human Rights Commission stresses need to protect human rights
- Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs urges govt to frame policy to save Manipuri pony
- 2 Congress MLAs Ksh. Biren and P. Brojen join BJP along with two MPCC office bearers
- H1N1 virus detected in Manipur, Health minister Jayentakumar says the infected person is admitted at Shija hospitals
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.