Imphal, 20 May 2016 ( Evening News) : Five persons including three women were injured when police tried to disperse a group of ILP protestors who were taking out a rally from Tiddim road towards the CM Bungalow this afternoon. The protestors were coming from Kwakeithel shouting slogans when they were stopped at Keisampat traffic point by police personnel who were already stationed there. Scuffles ensued between the police and the protestors as the latter struggled to proceed further. Police fired tear gas shells and stun grenades to disperse the protestors. Police personnel continued to keep a strict vigil in the area to prevent untoward incidents.
Five persons including three women were injured
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- CM launches CIS National Core Version 1.0 of the Manipur High Court; Assures of non-interference by the Govt in court proceedings
- Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren lights the festival fire marking the opening of Barak Spring Festival 2017
- JNIMS director Prof Deben asserts there is evidence against the suspended staff
- Anti-corruption cell holds review meeting to discuss 25 corruption cases in different departments
- Manipur's oldest regional party MPP ousts N. Sovakiran as party's president on charges of embezzling party fund and maladministration
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.