Imphal, 20 May 2016 ( Evening News) : Five persons including three women were injured when police tried to disperse a group of ILP protestors who were taking out a rally from Tiddim road towards the CM Bungalow this afternoon. The protestors were coming from Kwakeithel shouting slogans when they were stopped at Keisampat traffic point by police personnel who were already stationed there. Scuffles ensued between the police and the protestors as the latter struggled to proceed further. Police fired tear gas shells and stun grenades to disperse the protestors. Police personnel continued to keep a strict vigil in the area to prevent untoward incidents.
Five persons including three women were injured
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Candidates sign UCM and CCSK Manipur “Pledge to the People of Manipur” on framework agreement
- Political parties intensify election campaign, PM Modi to speak at a election rally at Langjing Achouba tomorrow
- In the first attack on candidate in the 11th assembly elections, gunmen ambush Gaikhangam in Thingkhongjang in Noney district
- MLA Karam Shyam accuses Okram Joy of threatening his workers, files complaint to Election Commission
- Scuffles continue between Congress party and NPP in Wangoi AC
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.