Imphal, 20 May 2016 ( Evening News) : Five persons including three women were injured when police tried to disperse a group of ILP protestors who were taking out a rally from Tiddim road towards the CM Bungalow this afternoon. The protestors were coming from Kwakeithel shouting slogans when they were stopped at Keisampat traffic point by police personnel who were already stationed there. Scuffles ensued between the police and the protestors as the latter struggled to proceed further. Police fired tear gas shells and stun grenades to disperse the protestors. Police personnel continued to keep a strict vigil in the area to prevent untoward incidents.
Five persons including three women were injured
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Traffic violators fined during Mega Traffic Lok Adalat, people asked to follow traffic rules to prevent accidents
- Coalition for Indigenes Rights Campaign Manipur observes National Repentance Day at Manipur palace
- Students injured as police baton-charge AMSU protestors demanding release of MOBC scholarship
- India will not develop without the development of the north east region: Babul Supriyo
- Forest minister Shyamkumar urges people to protect environment and plant trees on World Ozone day
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.