Imphal, 09 July 2018 ( Evening News ) : MUSU, MUSA and MUTA are all set to intensify their agitation in demand for the ousting of the Vice-Chancellor of Manipur University. Relay hunger strike as part of their ongoing agitation was launched by students, teachers and staff of the University at MU Main Gate today. MUSU has strongly warned the BJP led government to stop political blame games and resolve the University impasse at the earliest failing which MUSU reiterate to undertake intense agitations along with students and CSOs of the state. President of MUSU, Mayanglangbam Dayaman strongly condemned the Central Government for ignoring the 40-day old demand to oust the inefficient Vice-Chancellor of Manipur University, Pof. Anya Prasad Pandey. He termed the indifference as suppression of the state. Dayaman asserted that students' career lives are at stake due to the prevailing crises of the University, however, the Government instead of trying to improve the situation and save the students, it is trying to defend the Vice-Chancellor. MUSU maintained that suspicions of conspiracy to malign the image of the agitating students and teachers of the University cannot be ruled out when some miscreants set fire in the University campus at the wake of such crises. He warned of any such conspiracy and called on the Central and State Government to bear any negative consequences. Condemning the state government for not taking any substantial measures to resolve the university crises, Dayaman asserted that MUSU will not withdraw its agitation until it's demand is met.
MU stir likely to intensify as students, teachers and staff of the University launch relay hunger strike today
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.