Imphal, 20 May 2018 ( Evening News ) : Clashes broke out between protestors and Police personnel in several places on the second and last day of the 36 hour State-wide General Strike called by JAC Against Unnatural Shifting of District Hospital, Imphal East Sagolmang today. A person was injured as Police fired tear gas shell to disperse the protestors and two women protestors have been picked up the Police. The injured person is identified as Moirangthem Naothi, 35 years from Keibi Yaibilen. Naothi sustained injury on his thigh as the police fired tear gas shell. The identity of the 2 women protestors has not yet been ascertained. Large number of people blocked roads in several places by taking out wood locks and burning tyres. The 2- day General Strike affected normal life in several parts of Khundrakpam and Khurai Constituency. Supporters of the General Strike blocked roads at, Sagolmang Bazaar, Keibi Taret Village, Heikakmapan , Imphal-Saikul road and Imphal-Ukhrul Road. Lamlong Bazaar wore a deserted look and all the business establishments remained closed. On the other hand, Speaking to media persons, Convenor of the JAC, Loushigan Thoiba said the Government remains indifferent to their demand , however it tries to resolve the issues raised by other organisations. He also appealed to the people of Khurai and Saikul Constituency to jointly fight until their demand is met. Thoiba also demanded to release the 2 women protestors from Khurai Constituency without any condition. The General Strike will end at 5 this evening.
Clashes break out between Protestors and Police Personnal; one person injured during the 36 hour General Strike
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
- National General Secretary of BJP, Arun Singh claims BJP will win both seats of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.