Imphal, 19 May 2018 ( Evening News ) : The 36-hour General Strike called on by the JAC Against Unnatural Shifting of District Hospital, Imphal East Sagolmang has affected normal lives in the state. As part of the strike, Khurai and Khundrakpam Constituencies wore a deserted look. Supporters of the bandh took to the streets and blocked the roads with piled-up logs and burned tyres. Business halted at Lamlong Bazaar and Khurai. Bandh-supporters also blocked the connecting road between Imphal and Ukhrul at Lamlong Bazar. Protestors also blocked roads in different areas of Khundrakpam constituency particularly, Purabi, Keibi Heikak Makhong, Taret Khun, Sagolmang Bazar, Yumnam Khunou, Sambei and Khundrakpam Mayai Leikai. Vigilant security personnel including Riot Control Vehicles are posted in Khundrakpam constituency to monitor any untoward incident resulting from the strike. The General Strike however failed to affect Imphal City, especially Khwairamband market where normal business transactions are being carried out as usual. It may be mentioned that the 36-hour Strike was called by the JAC in retaliation against the Government's decision to shift the construction site of Imphal East District Hospital from Sagolmang to Kyamgei. Kuki Inpi Sagolmang has also declared to support the JAC in this regard. The General Strike will continue till 5PM of May 20.
JAC's 36 hour General Strike over Imphal East District Hospital Sagolmang row, affects normal lives; Imphal City remains unaffected
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
- National General Secretary of BJP, Arun Singh claims BJP will win both seats of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.