Imphal, 17 May 2018 ( Evening News ) : Socialist Students union of Manipur and Proletarian Feminist movement Manipur demanded BJP Manipur Pradesh to oust the party's Vice President, M. Ashinikumar from the Party alleging that he is protecting one of the accused involved in Thanga Gang Rape case. The Organisations also demanded to expel an alleged rapist, BJP MLA Sekmai, Heikham Dingo from the party. Speaking to media persons at a press meet with the representatives of SSUM and POFM, at SSUM’s office in Keishampat, Convenor of SSUM, Norem Tanoranjan intimated that the organisations visited the Victim’s residence to investigate on Thanga Rape case. He said investigation on the absconding accused out of the 5 rape accused, it was found that the absconding accused is a relative of Vice President, BJP Manipur Pradesh, M. Ashinikumar. Tanoranjan disclosed that Ashinikumar threatened the Police not to arrest the absconding accused. He said the absconding accused is Heisnam Abungo, 26 years, from Thanga Salam Leikai. It may be mentioned that Abungo along with 4 others abducted a minor girl reading in class 9 on Feb 13 on a van and sexually assaulted her. Representatives of SSUM and POFM also stated that unknown individuals threatened the victim’s family on April 25. They also intimated that the girl along with her family members were threatened by showing a gun not to divulge the truth while they were at the Court for the case hearing on April 26. On the other hand, Tanoranjan stated that SSUM will convene an All Political Party on May 20 to discuss on crime against women. He warned of intense agitation if the Government does not produce the absconding culprit by May 20.
SSUM and PFM, Manipur accuse Vice President of BJP Manipur Pradesh, of safeguarding an accused of the Thanga Gang Rape Case
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Women vendors of Ima Market say no to formation of Autonomous Naga Territorial Council and Common Naga Cultural Body in Manipur by staging a Sit-In
- Opposition leader Ibobi says the day Congress and JDS alliance was invited to form Karnataka Government rescued the Country's democracy
- Clashes break out between Protestors and Police Personnal; one person injured during the 36 hour General Strike
- JAC's 36 hour General Strike over Imphal East District Hospital Sagolmang row, affects normal lives; Imphal City remains unaffected
- Single largest party in 11th Manipur Assembly election, Congress meet Governor; stake claim to form Government
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.