Imphal, 11 May 2018 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren has inaugurated the State level Annual Tribal Cultural Festival 2018 today. The Chief Minister appealed to the organiser not to organise the festival just for the sake of it but to organise a substantial and meaningful one. The 2 day Festival organised by Tribal Research Institute under the aegis of Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India under the theme “Tribal Cultural for Peace & Unity” kicked off at TRI Complex in Chingmeirong. Speaking at the inaugural event, the Chief Minister stated that 34 tribal Communities in the State have their own culture and identity. He said the culture and identities of the different communities form a united identity of Manipur and as such stressed the importance to organise such festival in a grand manner. He said necessary steps will be taken by consulting officials concerned of Tribal Affairs of North Eastern States and Art & Culture Department of the State to celebrate the festival elaborately. Biren also maintained that People of the State are not only good at Sports and known for its Culture but also bring laurels to the Country in various academic fields. The Chief Minister also reiterated that “Go to village” Mission of the State Government will cover all the villages in 60 constituencies of the State. Functional President of the Festival, Tribal Affairs Minister, N. Kayisii said the society can be strengthen and will be more developed when the tribal communities protect their cultural identity. Several Ministers, MLAs, Members of ADCs attended the inaugural event.
Chief Minister, Biren inaugurates State level Annual Tribal Cultural Festival 2018
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Women vendors of Ima Market say no to formation of Autonomous Naga Territorial Council and Common Naga Cultural Body in Manipur by staging a Sit-In
- Opposition leader Ibobi says the day Congress and JDS alliance was invited to form Karnataka Government rescued the Country's democracy
- Clashes break out between Protestors and Police Personnal; one person injured during the 36 hour General Strike
- JAC's 36 hour General Strike over Imphal East District Hospital Sagolmang row, affects normal lives; Imphal City remains unaffected
- Single largest party in 11th Manipur Assembly election, Congress meet Governor; stake claim to form Government
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.