Imphal, 04 April 2018 ( Evening News ): CAF & PD Minister Karam Shyam asserted that cultural festivals enhance the bond between people of different communities in the state. The minister was speaking on the second day of “Yara Kumhei”, the seed sowing festival of the village organised by Yara Committee Kangkhui at Kangkhui Village, Ukhrul District yesterday. Speaking on the occasion, the minister maintained that culture plays a significant role in binding the different communities together and organising cultural festivals will further strengthen the bond. He assured that he will urge the concern minister to undertake construction works of the the road connecting the village to Ukhrul town at the earliest. He gave his word that he will extend all possible assistance in the construction of public toilets in the village. The minister also inspected the godown of Food Corporation of India (FCI) during the visit.
Cultural festival enhances the bond between people of different communities in the state : Minister Karam Shyam
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
- Parent of class 10 Board exam ranker slams BOSEM's statement on settlement of marks' miscalculation
- CLP leader, Okram Ibobi urges government for re-survey and re-demarcation of border area as per 1967 agreement signed
- MU stir likely to intensify as students, teachers and staff of the University launch relay hunger strike today
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.