Imphal, 04 April 2018 ( Evening News ): CAF & PD Minister Karam Shyam asserted that cultural festivals enhance the bond between people of different communities in the state. The minister was speaking on the second day of “Yara Kumhei”, the seed sowing festival of the village organised by Yara Committee Kangkhui at Kangkhui Village, Ukhrul District yesterday. Speaking on the occasion, the minister maintained that culture plays a significant role in binding the different communities together and organising cultural festivals will further strengthen the bond. He assured that he will urge the concern minister to undertake construction works of the the road connecting the village to Ukhrul town at the earliest. He gave his word that he will extend all possible assistance in the construction of public toilets in the village. The minister also inspected the godown of Food Corporation of India (FCI) during the visit.
Cultural festival enhances the bond between people of different communities in the state : Minister Karam Shyam
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Women vendors of Ima Market say no to formation of Autonomous Naga Territorial Council and Common Naga Cultural Body in Manipur by staging a Sit-In
- Opposition leader Ibobi says the day Congress and JDS alliance was invited to form Karnataka Government rescued the Country's democracy
- Clashes break out between Protestors and Police Personnal; one person injured during the 36 hour General Strike
- JAC's 36 hour General Strike over Imphal East District Hospital Sagolmang row, affects normal lives; Imphal City remains unaffected
- Single largest party in 11th Manipur Assembly election, Congress meet Governor; stake claim to form Government
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.