Imphal, 02 May 2018 ( Evening News ) : Volunteers of JCILPS students' wing vandalised fruit carts and stalls along the footpath in front of Bheirodian Maxwell Hindi Primary and High School at Dharamshala in Thangal Bazar today. It maybe mentioned that JCILPS student wing had earlier served an ultimatum to vacant the footpath as the business transactions at the fruit stalls disturb the academic atmosphere and also create traffic congestion. Manipur Police personnel tried to contain the situation but was helpless at first. Later, extra police personnel of City Police stormed at the spot and contained the situation and apprehended 50 students including the convenor of JCILPS Students' Wing, Manijit Sarangthem. Speaking to media persons amidst the chaos, Manjit Sarangthem strongly condemned that the non-local illegal fruits vendors are given police protection when aged women folks trying to earn a livelihood were earlier evacuated from the streets of the market. He maintained that the stalls were forcibly demolished since the ultimatum served to the vendors to evacuate the footpath expired today.
Volunteers of JCILPS students' wing vandalise fruit stalls in Thangal Bazar
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
- Parent of class 10 Board exam ranker slams BOSEM's statement on settlement of marks' miscalculation
- CLP leader, Okram Ibobi urges government for re-survey and re-demarcation of border area as per 1967 agreement signed
- MU stir likely to intensify as students, teachers and staff of the University launch relay hunger strike today
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.