Imphal, 02 May 2018 ( Evening News ) : Volunteers of JCILPS students' wing vandalised fruit carts and stalls along the footpath in front of Bheirodian Maxwell Hindi Primary and High School at Dharamshala in Thangal Bazar today. It maybe mentioned that JCILPS student wing had earlier served an ultimatum to vacant the footpath as the business transactions at the fruit stalls disturb the academic atmosphere and also create traffic congestion. Manipur Police personnel tried to contain the situation but was helpless at first. Later, extra police personnel of City Police stormed at the spot and contained the situation and apprehended 50 students including the convenor of JCILPS Students' Wing, Manijit Sarangthem. Speaking to media persons amidst the chaos, Manjit Sarangthem strongly condemned that the non-local illegal fruits vendors are given police protection when aged women folks trying to earn a livelihood were earlier evacuated from the streets of the market. He maintained that the stalls were forcibly demolished since the ultimatum served to the vendors to evacuate the footpath expired today.
Volunteers of JCILPS students' wing vandalise fruit stalls in Thangal Bazar
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Women vendors of Ima Market say no to formation of Autonomous Naga Territorial Council and Common Naga Cultural Body in Manipur by staging a Sit-In
- Opposition leader Ibobi says the day Congress and JDS alliance was invited to form Karnataka Government rescued the Country's democracy
- Clashes break out between Protestors and Police Personnal; one person injured during the 36 hour General Strike
- JAC's 36 hour General Strike over Imphal East District Hospital Sagolmang row, affects normal lives; Imphal City remains unaffected
- Single largest party in 11th Manipur Assembly election, Congress meet Governor; stake claim to form Government
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.