Imphal, 29 April 2018 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister N. Biren along with Speaker Yumnam Khemchand and Water Resources Minister Letpao Haokip inspected the condition of Imphal river banks and dredging works being taken up along the river at different localities of Singjamei, Thongju and Yaiskul Constituencies today. The team was accompanied by high ranking officials of the State Government. It may be mentioned that dismantling and eviction of houses, shops and other unauthorised structures is being done apart from dredging of riverbeds and strengthening of embankments by the State Government to combat flash floods.The team mainly inspected areas namely Singjamei Oinam Thingel, Waikhom Leikai, Mongkhang Lambi, Torban Kshetri Leikai, Singjamei Chirom Leikai, Thokchom Leikai and Loklaobung etc.
Chief Minister along with the Speaker and Water Resources Minister inspects Imphal river banks and dredging works along the river
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Women vendors of Ima Market say no to formation of Autonomous Naga Territorial Council and Common Naga Cultural Body in Manipur by staging a Sit-In
- Opposition leader Ibobi says the day Congress and JDS alliance was invited to form Karnataka Government rescued the Country's democracy
- Clashes break out between Protestors and Police Personnal; one person injured during the 36 hour General Strike
- JAC's 36 hour General Strike over Imphal East District Hospital Sagolmang row, affects normal lives; Imphal City remains unaffected
- Single largest party in 11th Manipur Assembly election, Congress meet Governor; stake claim to form Government
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.