Imphal, 29 April 2018 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister N. Biren along with Speaker Yumnam Khemchand and Water Resources Minister Letpao Haokip inspected the condition of Imphal river banks and dredging works being taken up along the river at different localities of Singjamei, Thongju and Yaiskul Constituencies today. The team was accompanied by high ranking officials of the State Government. It may be mentioned that dismantling and eviction of houses, shops and other unauthorised structures is being done apart from dredging of riverbeds and strengthening of embankments by the State Government to combat flash floods.The team mainly inspected areas namely Singjamei Oinam Thingel, Waikhom Leikai, Mongkhang Lambi, Torban Kshetri Leikai, Singjamei Chirom Leikai, Thokchom Leikai and Loklaobung etc.
Chief Minister along with the Speaker and Water Resources Minister inspects Imphal river banks and dredging works along the river
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
- Parent of class 10 Board exam ranker slams BOSEM's statement on settlement of marks' miscalculation
- CLP leader, Okram Ibobi urges government for re-survey and re-demarcation of border area as per 1967 agreement signed
- MU stir likely to intensify as students, teachers and staff of the University launch relay hunger strike today
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.