Imphal, 29 March 2018 ( Evening News ) : New Central Committee members of United Committee Manipur, UCM were administered oath of office for the term 2018-2021 at its office in Lamphel today. Sunil Karam of NIPCO, Ksh. Somorendro of ACOAM-LUP and Kh Athouba of IPSA have been inducted as the President, Vice-President and General Secretary of the committee respectively. Speaking to media persons, newly appointed President, Sunil Karam stated that the organisation will work towards bringing a united Manipur and that UCM along with people will stand together and face if the peace talks between NSCN-IM and the Central Government harms the interest of the people of the State. Former President Elangbam Johnson lauded the support extended by the people during his presidentship and further appealed to the people to continue to support the new office bearers.
UCM to confront if the framework agreement between NSCN-IM and the Central Government harms the interest of the people
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Women vendors of Ima Market say no to formation of Autonomous Naga Territorial Council and Common Naga Cultural Body in Manipur by staging a Sit-In
- Opposition leader Ibobi says the day Congress and JDS alliance was invited to form Karnataka Government rescued the Country's democracy
- Clashes break out between Protestors and Police Personnal; one person injured during the 36 hour General Strike
- JAC's 36 hour General Strike over Imphal East District Hospital Sagolmang row, affects normal lives; Imphal City remains unaffected
- Single largest party in 11th Manipur Assembly election, Congress meet Governor; stake claim to form Government
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.