Imphal, 20 April 2018 ( Evening News ) : Special Judge, POCSO, Imphal West has convicted one Sagolsem Ranbir today under section 6 of Prevention of Children from Sexual Offence (POCSO) Act 2012 for raping a minor girl student of class 5. The Convict, Sagolsem Ranbir, 34 years, Son of Khagemba from Mayang Imphal Maibam Sagolsem Leikai runs a private boarding at Mayang Imphal Konchak Mayai Leikai. In 2015, Ranbir sexually assaulted a minor girl staying in his private boarding. Ranbir was arrested after the mother of the victim filed a report at Mayang Imphal Police Station and the case hearing was in process under the POCSO Act. After the final hearing on February 5, Ranbir was produced before the court today for sentenced hearing where he was pronounced guilty for his crime. According to the report submitted by the Investigation Officer, the girl was three month pregnant after she was raped by Ranbir. To cover up, Ranbir brought the girl to a private clinic with his mother and aborted the child. The victim informed her mother of the incident in July, 2015 following which her mother lodged a complaint at Mayang Imphal Police station. After hearing from both the parties and considering the statements submitted by the Prosecution witnesses, Ranbir's crime was affirmed under section 5, para 1 (m) and (p) of POCSO Act 2012 for aggravated penetrative sexual assault. The Judge declared Ranbir guilty of the crime under section 6 of the POCSO Act, 2012. And as per section 6 of POCSO Act, 2012,for committing “aggravated penetrative sexual assault” Ranbir may get may get imprisonment of 10 years that maybe extended to life imprisonment. The Sentence order will be announced on April 24. Family members of the victim present at Cheirap court complex tried to manhandle Ranbir as he came out of the court today.
Special Judge, POCSO, Imphal West convicts one Sagolsem Ranbir under section 6 of POCSO Act 2012 for raping a minor
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Women vendors of Ima Market say no to formation of Autonomous Naga Territorial Council and Common Naga Cultural Body in Manipur by staging a Sit-In
- Opposition leader Ibobi says the day Congress and JDS alliance was invited to form Karnataka Government rescued the Country's democracy
- Clashes break out between Protestors and Police Personnal; one person injured during the 36 hour General Strike
- JAC's 36 hour General Strike over Imphal East District Hospital Sagolmang row, affects normal lives; Imphal City remains unaffected
- Single largest party in 11th Manipur Assembly election, Congress meet Governor; stake claim to form Government
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.