Imphal, 14 April 2018 ( Evening News ) : Manipuri Hindus are observing Cheiraoba festival today with traditional fervour and gaiety. As part of the New Year’s festival, traditional Manipuri cuisines are prepared in every household and offered to God. The preparation begins early in the morning with both men and women and even the children of the household lending their helping hands. As per tradition, various cuisines are placed at the entrance gate as an offering to the God for a prosperous year ahead. People will also be climbing the nearby hillocks late this afternoon to pray at the sacred shrine located at the hilltops, especially at Chingmeirong, Cheirao Ching and Pishumching at Singjamei in Imphal Town, while late in the evening through the night, traditional Thabal Chongba dance performances will be held at various places. For the people following Hindu religion, the day is very important and significant.
Manipuri Hindus are observing Cheiraoba festival today
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
- National General Secretary of BJP, Arun Singh claims BJP will win both seats of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.