Imphal, 09 April 2018 ( Evening News ) : Volunteers of Women wing of All Manipur Students’ Union staged a sit in today against the increasing rate of rape and other crimes against women in the state. The sit in was held at Keishampat Leimajam Leikai and it was participated by more than 200 students displaying placards that read ‘Life Imprison Rapist’, “We Want Anti Rapist Law”, “Down Down Rapist”etc. Later, a large number of girl students rallied toward Governor's Bungalow and CM's Bungalow surpassing Manipur police personnel at Keishampat junction, however, but student protestors were halted by heavy police personnel including women personnel as the protestors reached near Governor's Gate. As the students were waiting to send in their representatives to submit a memorandum to the Governor, another group of students tried to throng the CM's bungalow. Later top officials of Police led few student representatives to submit a memorandum including their demands to the Governor and to the Chief Minister. The students demands included to instated fast track courts in every districts of the state for speedy justice and to combat menace of rape cases in the state and further stated that there are 14 pending rape and sexual assault cases that occurred from January 2 till April 4 of the current year awaiting justice. Member of AMSU women's wing, Daina Yungkham drew the attention of the Government to implement anti rape law or policy.
AMSU Women wing raises voice against increasing rape and other crimes on women in the state
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.