Imphal, 08 April 2018 ( Evening News ) : Moreh Police has arrested two human traffickers and rescued a girl victim around 9.30 last night. Upon getting a tip off regarding presence of illegal human traffickers at Moreh Ward No. 5, a combined team of Commando Moreh and CID(Special Branch) Moreh along with Moreh Police team led by SDPO Moreh, IPS Sandip Gopaldas Mohurle and Assistant Commandant of 8th IR Commando Battalion attached to Commando Moreh, MPS Thomas Thokchom along with Inspector, Imphal West Commando, P.Tarunkumar under the supervision of SP Tengnoupal, Dr S. Ibomcha rushed to the area and conducted almost an hour house to house search operation and arrested two Rohingyas involved in importing a girl from Myanmar by inducement for exploitation. The police team rescued the girl brought from Myanmar identified as Toiba Hatu @ Nargis, 20 years, daughter of Abu Subiyan of Monu Baguna Madila Bhara in Myanmar. The arrested culprits are identified as Saifullah, 34 years, son of Kasim Abdul from Baguna Nullafara Myanmar now staying at Moreh Ward 2, and Md Salam, 25 years, son of Muzafar Ali from Gomtidam Baguna of Myanmar and presently residing at Moreh. The arrested persons did not have any valid documents with them and a mobile phone with Vodafone and coredoo sim cards were seized. The arrested persons and the rescued girl along with the seized items were handed over to Moreh Police station for legal actions.
Moreh Police arrests two human traffickers and rescues a girl victim from Myanmar in Moreh yesterday
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MPCC delegates led by Former CM Okram Ibobi leave Imphal to meet Prime Minister
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.